Apprentice - HR Adviser
Your career journey starts here as an Apprentice Employee Relations Adviser. You're interested in people and you're looking to kick start an exciting career. You don't just want to study HR, you want to live and breathe it, using your great people skills and judgement to ensure our colleagues receive a great service and feel supported.
If you're looking for a fast paced career as part of an ambitious team, want to continue your personal development, earn a salary and be recognised for your achievements, then look no further. Your daily tasks may include:
- Dealing with complaints and discipline procedures
- Assisting in the recruitment of new employees
- Working with other managers, improving employees' experiences of the workplace
- Keeping employee records
- Helping people get training and development
- Making sure employees have the right pay and benefits
- Arranging employee services such as welfare and counselling
- Promoting equality, and health and safety
- Advising on matters like pay negotiations, redundancy and employment law
- Developing HR policies and procedures
- Recording and analysing confidential information
- Writing employee handbooks
- Dealing with staff at all levels
- You'll receive customer service and employment policy training but you must have the desire and determination to succeed in a complex and confidential environment
- You'll also need to demonstrate your research skills, seeking out and interpreting information to support your internal customers.
- You‘ll enjoy solving problems, engaging with customers and building relationships.
- You'll have the confidence to build a rapport with your colleagues, enabling you to fully understand the details of their request so you can offer them the most appropriate solution.
- Be at least 16 years old
- Have grades or predicted GCSE (or equivalent) grades of A* - C
- Have achieved, or predicted to achieve, 2 A-Level's A-D grade
- Have the right to work in England
- Be a citizen of the UK or a country within the EEA and have lived there for at least the last three years
- Not have completed any other HR apprenticeship