Do you aspire to join a world leader and build a strong and successful consulting career? Have you got what it takes to deliver solutions that have a real impact on the future of major organisations and individuals every day?
Mercer is the place for you. As one of the world’s largest providers of talent, health, and wealth services, from day one your role will contribute to the success of our clients as we provide them with expert advice on everything from pension schemes and investments to salaries, rewards and benefits.
At Mercer our Wealth business supports our clients to provide integrated advice and solutions on pension scheme funding, investment and risk management to help clients meet their objectives.
We’re in the business of helping and supporting our clients navigate a complex and changing pension landscape — whether we’re designing the pension scheme investment strategy, identifying the right solution to address a funding deficit, or supporting a client in a pension risk transfer exercise. Our Wealth business consists of over 700 people spread across 11 offices throughout the UK. It is made up of highly specialist consultants, supported by a group of more junior consultants and analysts.
Our graduate programmes offer our employees the opportunity and support to develop a broad range of skills and knowledge within a number of challenging and diverse placements during the first two years.
As part of your graduate role you will be on a rotation programme within our Wealth business, where you will complete four 6 months placements, two of which are compulsory within our funding and investment teams. In addition, you will also be given the opportunity to complete a project within our Health and Career businesses which will give you the best possible grounding as you develop your career at Mercer.
Our culture at Mercer ensures that all new employees are engaged, entrusted and supported so they feel part of company, have pride in working for Mercer and feel like they make a difference.
From day one you will be actively contributing to the success of the business. You will be given the tools and support to enable you to develop broad skills and experience allowing you to continually learn and grow to reach your full potential. We offer a very supportive environment; you will be assigned a buddy and have a people manager supporting you throughout the two year programme. You will have access to a wide range of development opportunities, both behavioural and technical and will receive on-the-job coaching and support from your colleagues. You’ll also get to share experiences with other graduates along the way.
We will fully fund a number of different professional study pathways including Actuarial Qualifications, CFA programme and PMI and all our graduates will complete the Investment Management Certificate within the first three months of joining.
The minimum academic requirements for this role are:
- 300 UCAS points with a minimum A in Mathematics at A Levels
- 2:1 honours degree expected or obtained in a numerate or semi-numerate degree discipline (equivalent qualifications are accepted)
To be successful during your internship you will need to be:
- Highly self-motivated, sales focussed and commercially aware
- An outstanding communicator with strong interpersonal and presentation skills
- Eager to learn and to keep up to date with the respective industry trends and market conditions
- Interested in financial markets, pensions and investments
- Numerically savvy with an analytical and problem solving approach
- A strong team player and work well within a collaborative environment
- Exceptional at building relationships and have a solid understanding of customer service principles
- Able to work well under pressure and have strong time management skills
- Attention to detail focussed ensuring quality and delivery in line with deadlines
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates aim to attract and retain the best people regardless of their gender, marital status, ethnic origin, nationality, age, background, disability, sexual orientation or beliefs.