Higher Apprenticeship Manufacturing Engineering - Barnoldswick
Our Manufacturing Engineers are amongst the best in their field. To develop some of the most advanced manufacturing processes in the world, they have to be. They work across aerospace, marine and nuclear technology, and you'll join them in one of those businesses. Turning our designs into reality, you'll learn from designers, customers, suppliers and operations specialists in every part of Rolls-Royce around the globe, so you'll enjoy plenty of exposure as you gain the experience you need to become a vital part of our future. All while taking advantage of on and off the job training, a competitive salary and amazing opportunities to grow your career.
To start, our three year programme will see you undertake foundation training, which will give you a broad appreciation of engineering principles. From here you'll be ready to embark on a series of three month placements. These will give you practical knowledge in areas such as product introduction, capability acquisition and continuous improvement. You'll learn how to manage projects and costs, and also how to evaluate engineering designs, solve engineering problems, and implement quality assurance methods.
Locations: Derby, Bristol, Barnoldswick, Birmingham, Hucknall, RotherhamRequirements and prospects Desired skills
- A passion for manufacturing engineering and processes.
- A passion for manufacturing engineering and processes..
- To be a fast learner and motivated - Articulate, numerate and driven - someone who learns quickly and works well with others.
- To be able to demonstrate non-academic achievements in sports, languages, organising a significant event, Duke of Edinburgh Awards, charity work or similar.
- Our Higher Apprentices need to be passionate about manufacturing engineering.
- So you'll be analytical, motivated and, most importantly, endlessly curious about how things are made.
- You'll also have to be numerate and process focused - something you'll have proven with an impressive set of exam results.
- We look for A-Levels at A* to B in Maths and either Physics, Chemistry or Engineering, plus GCSEs at A* to C, or grade 5 in Maths, English and a relevant science or technical subject (or equivalent).
• Career support from day one.
• Learn alongside world-class engineers.
• Develop confidence and teamwork skills on our Outward Bound programme.