ICT Technician Apprentice
An outstanding opportunity to join a team of experts delivering ICT solutions and technical support to educational establishments in the local area. You will be providing a comprehensive range of professional onsite and remote ICT support services and technology solutions to schools, academies and colleges.
- Checking and cleaning equipment, undertaking minor repairs and replacement of parts as necessary
- Liase with ICT Service Manager on the repair of equipment
- Assist in the management of stock control, ICT equipment, consumables and software to ensure new stock is security eteched and associated administrative tasks are kept up to date (i.e. ordering delivering, maintaining records, providing reports)
- Undertake such other technical duties within the school as may be required
- Liase with other technical staff and with teaching staff as appropriate
- Support staff and students in the use of our sound and lighting box in the community theatre.
- A thorough knowledge of operating systems, networking, hardware and software
- excellent problem-solving skills
- The ability to explain problems and solutions clearly to non-technical users
- The ability to prioritise, work under pressure and meet deadlines
- A patient and methodical approach
- The ability to work alone or as part of a team
- An awareness of health and safety
- Driving licence required as the apprentice will be driving to and from schools in the company van.
- Good interpersonal and vocal communication skills
- Good literacy and written communication skills
- Well organised
- Have confidence interacting with customers onsite, via telephone, and email
- Adaptive to new challenges and situations
Ideally a minimum 4 GCSE's C and above including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents).
Future prospects A full-time permanent job is available for the right candidate.