ICT Technician Apprentice
6 days left
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
- A thorough knowledge of operating systems, networking, hardware and software
- excellent problem-solving skills
- The ability to explain problems and solutions clearly to non-technical users
- The ability to prioritise, work under pressure and meet deadlines
- A patient and methodical approach
- The ability to work alone or as part of a team
- An awareness of health and safety
- Driving licence required as the apprentice will be driving to and from schools in the company van.
- Good interpersonal and vocal communication skills
- Good literacy and written communication skills
- Well organised
- Have confidence interacting with customers onsite, via telephone, and email
- Adaptive to new challenges and situations
Ideally a minimum 4 GCSE's C and above including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents).
Future prospects A full-time permanent job is available for the right candidate.