Apprentice Medical Receptionist
- Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm (30 minute lunch break) Total hours per week: 37.50
Expected apprenticeship duration
- 13 months
- Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
It is their belief that a great deal of the workload within the practice can be shared with the nurses. The nurses run a variety of clinics and these are constantly reviewed for their effectiveness. R K positively encourage their patients to engage with the practice nurses for advice on Diabetes, Asthma/COPD, Heart Disease, Blood Pressure, Contraception, Vaccinations and Cervical Smears. R K’s nurses are considered to be experts and have a keen interest in keeping their patients well.
Our client is looking for a polite and driven individual with great customer service skills to join their experienced team. Our client has promised that the successful candidate will be supported by the senior office members who each have a wealth of experience to back them up.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Greeting patients and visitors.
- Book, amend and cancel appointments in-line with procedures.
- Ensure ‘urgent consultations’ for patients without appointments are booked into appropriate slots and referred to a GP where necessary.
- Receive and accurately record requests for home visits, assessing urgency in accordance to practice protocols.
- Set up new patients onto the computer system.
- Advise patients of relevant charges for private services, accept payment and issue receipts for the same.
- Produce repeat prescriptions and ensure timely distribution.
- Ensure correspondence, reports, results etc. are filed electronically in correct patient record.
- Answering incoming calls.
- Any other reasonable requests requested by a senior member of staff.
- Work in accordance with legislative requirements and Practice Policy at all times.
This is a fantastic opportunity to further your customer service skills and learn from a highly-experienced team. You will also be working towards a widely-recognised level 2 Qualification in Customer Service with the potential opportunity to progress onto the Level 3 Qualification after successful completion of the Level 2.
If you find this vacancy appealing and think that you tick all the boxes then please don’t hesitate to apply!
Requirements and prospects
- Great customer service skills
- Strong telephone manner
- Great attention to detail
- GCSE grade A*-C in maths and English (desired but not essential)
- Permanent role available at the end of the apprenticeship for correct individual.
Training to be provided
- Level 2 Qualification in Customer Service with the opportunity to move onto the Level 3 Qualification
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- Customer service practitioner