IT Engineering Apprentice
In this apprenticeship you will...
- Produce Engineering reports and documents in accordance with NATS management systems
- Learn NATS airspace model and how to configure the system accordingly.
- Support the transition manager in his duties
- Learn and understand the role of a service support engineer
- Raise risk analysis, outage notifications
- Learn how to perform planned maintenance on air traffic equipment
- Learn how to respond to system faults and failures
- Understand safety responsibilities and accountability's
- Learn how to Monitor and understand system performance
- Provide customer led service provision within the scope of a service level agreement
- Understand project management processes and participate within at least one project during a training programme as part of a project team
- General ability to work as part of a team
- Self-motivated and keen to learn
- Prepared to be adaptable and flexible
- Must be able to communicate clearly and accurately both verbally and in writing
- Must be the holder of a full UK driving licence and be willing to drive company vehicles both on public roads and on airfields
- Must be willing and able to cope with travelling and periods away from home.
- Ideally 5 GCSE Grades (C and above) or equivalent, including Maths and English
An enthusiastic and professional attitude and commitment to learning new skills.
The candidate must have A Levels in ICT OR an Advanced Apprenticeship in a similar subject OR an International Baccalaureate at level 3 in ICT or BTEC Extended Diploma in STEM related subjects.Future prospects What happens when I finish my apprenticeship…? Once you've completed your apprenticeship potential roles you could move into are: Remote engineer, 24hr on call support to our Air Traffic control Centre etc. NATS has a great reputation for developing their staff and some of the "apprentices" that were hired back in the 80s/90s have now progressed to extremely senior positions. It only takes a minute to apply for an IT apprenticeship with QA and begin your IT career with great prospects today. QA's apprenticeship programmes are part-funded by ESF. The ESF is Europe's main instrument for supporting jobs, helping people get better jobs and ensuring fairer job opportunities for all EU citizens For more information about QA Apprenticeships, please visit our website. Note: This advert may close early if a suitable candidate is found before the advertised close date is reached. Things to consider This is a fantastic apprenticeship that will require successful candidates to be fully committed to their learning and developing their skill set.