Software Development Apprentice
6 days left
Malvern Instruments designs, manufactures, markets and supports advanced analytical instrumentation worldwide, across many industries, for the characterization of a wide variety of materials, producing instruments that deliver industrially relevant data for our customers.
Malvern Instruments have exciting opportunities for up to 3 Apprentices to join their headquarters in Malvern, Worcestershire for 2017. The successful candidates will be supported towards achieving a Foundation Degree or full Honours Degree.
This is a level 4 apprenticeship typically requiring two years to complete.
Working with highly skilled projects teams, Apprentices can expect to be involved with all aspects of software development at Malvern Instruments. This will include testing and development in C# as well as working with multi-disciplinary teams throughout a project. There may be further options to work on electronics firmware, instrument systems engineering, and control and automation in the later stages of the Apprenticeship.
Introductory training will be conducted at a purpose-built training centre before initial training at Malvern Instruments. After this first phase of training, Apprentices will then get an opportunity to rotate around Malvern's project teams to gain an in-depth knowledge of the business. During the Apprenticeship, there will be dedicated study sessions and personal mentoring to ensure the academic requirements of the programme are met.
The ideal candidates will have an aptitude and passion for technology. We would expect to see the following competencies in each Apprentice:
- Decision Making: Ability to make rational and balanced decisions.
- Working under pressure: Ability to meet specified deadlines whilst working in a challenging and pressured environment.
- Adaptable: Flexible and adaptable within the working environment. Has an acceptance to change, supporting and embracing new ideas, methods and processes.
- Communication: Has strong verbal communication skills, used in a professional and constructive manner.
- Initiative: Ability to work proactively on own initiative and under minimal supervision.
Malvern Instruments is proud to create an environment for its employees in which they can learn, be challenged and reach their maximum potential. We pride ourselves in supporting the continued professional development of all of our staff through training and further qualifications. Our strength has always been our people and their dedication to their work.Requirements and prospects Desired skills
The ideal candidate will be able to display the following skills:
- An interest in software development and the desire for a career in this area
- Some experience in working with C#
- Problem solving
- Able to work under pressure
- Good decision making ability
You will have the following skills:
- Good communication (both written and verbal)
- Able to work on your own initiative
- Possess a desire to improve one's self
- Able to adapt to change
A level in related subjects (e.g. Maths, Computer Science or Physics), Level 3 apprenticeship, BTEC Computer Science or other relevant qualifications. Equivilant qualifications are acceptable.
If you hold a degree in a computer/IT related subject you will not be eligible for this role.Future prospects Excellent. This company are looking for the Apprentice to begin on a Level 4 qualification and progress on to a Degree level as part of the start of a long career with the company. Things to consider Before applying for this post please make sure that you have researched how you will get to and from work on a daily basis. Please ensure you have the required level of Software Development knowledge and desire to follow this as career. Please ensure that we are able to contact you on the means of communication you have supplied on your application. If you wish to contacted via another method, please let us know.