Chartered Manager Degree Apprentice
Are you an ambitious Manager of the future? Would you like a degree, but are worried about the rising costs of University and student debt? Then Kaplan has the answer!
We are looking for up to 10 management apprentices to join our team from September. As a management apprentice you will study towards a BSc in Leadership and Business Management, whilst also gaining first-hand management and business experience within a leading financial training organisation. Achieve your degree, gain valuable work based business and management skills and get paid! We will even give you ½ day per week for your study, in addition to block release learning at the university and fantastic on the job training and other opportunities.
Successful apprentices will also achieve Chartered Manager status with the Chartered Management Institute (CMI) with real opportunities for progression and long-term career development.
Apprentices will have the opportunity to work within one of a number of business functions and departments including Vocational Operations, Vocational Data and Compliance, Client Services and Student Services. Apprentices will rotate to different roles over the 4.5 year apprenticeship, allowing exposure to many areas of the business. Example job roles include:
- Vocational Operations - you will act as a support to Talent Coaches, Team Managers, Learners and Employers out in the field. Working closely alongside the Operations Manager, you will provide high quality service to the Apprenticeship Delivery team. You will oversee the administration process of the learner journey, accurately reporting on processing, flagging inefficiencies and proposing solutions to ensure the operations team offer effective administrative support.
- Vocational Data and Compliance - acting as a central support to the vocational operations team, with day to day interaction with Talent Coaches, Team Managers, Programme Managers, the Operations Manager and other internal departments. You will provide a high quality service to all delivery teams, delivering provision against our government and/or employer funded contracts for training provision. You will ensure delivery is effective, reported in an accurate and timely manner.
- Student Services - Acting as the ‘go-to' for all student queries at Kaplan. You will support students throughout their studies at Kaplan, talk through their study options; enrol students onto exams and address any other questions. You will work and lead colleagues in order to continually improve the capabilities of the student services team.
- Client Services - Acting as a main point of contact, you will work alongside key stakeholders within Kaplan clients. You will ensure students are on-boarded successfully; continually keep clients updated on student progress throughout their programme and report any absences.
Working alongside experienced Managers and Business Leaders, you will have the opportunity to develop and learn whilst earning the chance to progress within an industry leading business. Kaplan will offer unlimited support throughout the duration of the apprenticeship programme, encouraging apprentices to reach their full potential and progress into a long-standing career within the business.Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- You will have a keen interest in business management
- You will have the desire to continually learn
- You will be able to work well within a team but able to work on your own initiative when required
- You will have excellent communication skills with the ability to influence decisions and key stakeholders
- Able to travel to other Kaplan sites as required
- 3 A-Levels (or equivalent) achieved or predicted as minimum.
- GCSE Maths and English at grades A*-C, or equivalent.
- Shortlisted applicants will under-go a strengths-based recruitment process allowing for job offers not solely based on academic grades.