IT Degree Apprenticeship
The IT Degree Apprentice will in time become a specialist in UNIX and Linux servers and storage solutions.
- Providing 2nd line support to end users responding to incident referrals for AIX and Linux server operating systems
- Perform root cause problem investigations and implement remedies with the assistance of senior Unix engineers
- Perform operating system installation and on going maintenance as instructed by senior Unix engineers
Requirements of the IT Apprentice
- Excellent communication skills both written, and verbal
- Good organisation skills with the ability to prioritise work load
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- High attention to detail with problem solving skills
An enthusiastic and professional attitude and commitment to learning new skills.Qualifications required
Minimum of 5 GCSE's (grade C and above) or equivalent including Mathematics and English.Future prospects A pay review following successful completion of the apprenticeship programme. Our client has advised that they will be looking to provide a clear career progression route for the successful candidate which includes study up too degree level. Things to consider The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year. Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year. The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over. Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).