e-Services Apprentice with BPP Professional Education
Working closely with internal and external stakeholders to develop and maintain a wide ranging catalogue of eLearning & eAssessment products. The role will also support the delivery of various developments including Moodle and mobile applications.
This role is to support the activities of the eServices Team within BPP Learning Media. The eServices team develops, builds and supports a wide range of online services and has a diverse client base both internally and externally. The role will provide an excellent opportunity to work within a commercial development team alongside likeminded people in a supportive environment, whilst gaining exposure to new technologies.
- Assisting the eLearning & eAssessment leads with modifying existing applications and products
- Supporting the eLearning & eAssessment leads with creating new products and improving the production, deployment and support processes
- Technical checking & proof reading of assessment content
- Work with the eLearning manager and technical analyst in developing content
- Assist the instructional designers with creating templates using a variety of software packages
- Assist customer service with customer support calls
- On-going content maintenance, working with authors to refresh and publish consistent web content
- Reporting to Product Managers and providing estimates for the completion of tasks
- Have a genuine enthusiasm for technology and education
- Understanding and experience of content management systems
- Manipulating and leveraging PDFs and PowerPoint presentations
- Manipulating video and audio
- Manipulating images
- An eLearning content development tool (e.g. Articulate, Captivate)
- An eLearning platform (e.g. Moodle, VLE)
- eLearning standards (e.g. SCORM)
- Excellent communications skills - both verbal and written
- Flexibility in approach in a rapidly changing environment
Minimum of 120 UCAS Points on the 2017 tariff (300 on 2016 tariff) from top 3 A levels or equivalent, and 5 GCSE's at C or above including Maths and EnglishFuture prospects As the team looks to increase its visibility across the organisation, it is expected this role will grow and develop. Many training opportunities are offered in this role and it is a unique opportunity to work closely within a development team that utilising a wide range of technologies.