Degree Apprenticeship in Data Analytics
This apprenticeship is designed to develop your skills and competence using data analytics in a market research role. Employed full time, the programme provides learning and skills development, attending university on a part-time, day release basis while working in market research to successfully attain your BSc (Hons) Digital and Technology Solutions (Data Analytics) after three years.
You will be based in the Analytics Team to help develop your skills in line with your degree. The team works with external clients and assists colleagues who require advanced statistical techniques. You will learn how and when to use statistical techniques for market research such as Data Modelling and Mapping, Significance Testing, Segmentation, Trade-Off, Database Interrogation and more. You will learn how these techniques can be used to tell stories with data, to help clients get the most out of their research.
You will also gain experience across other parts of the business including IT and data processing ensuring you have job experience that helps with these elements of your academic studies.
You will be involved in all aspects of market research projects, providing a support service to the research teams by ensuring projects are delivered to a high standard, effectively and on time. Tasks will cover the end to end project from planning, developing questionnaires, running fieldwork to collecting data, then analysing this and reporting back to the client.Requirements and prospects Desired skills Skills and competencies Quality
- Understand management of data and protection of confidential information by following system and processes in place.
- High standards of quality and accuracy are consistently reflected in all activity including data entry, validation, reporting, analysis, accuracy, enquiry responses, task completion, deadline delivery and communications.
- Analytical skills with the ability to visualise, articulate, conceptualise and solve complex problems by making decisions that are sensible given available information.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Must be good at listening, asking appropriate questions to seek clarity.
- Good literacy skills including the ability to produce effective written correspondence.
- Must be able to work as part of a team, cooperating with others to deliver a quality service.
- Must be organised and able to juggle workload to meet objectives and deadlines.
- Smile - have a genuine enthusiasm and energy for your work.
- Create - you challenge the obvious, striving to deliver intelligent, creative and innovative solutions.
- Clarity - your communication is clear at all times.
- Honesty - you are trustworthy, giving reliable communication, opinions and suggestions. You will do what you say and when it's difficult you'll find a solution.
- Energy - you will find a route to the possible from the seemingly impossible, the answer is “yes”.
- Respect - you work collaboratively to reach the same goal, ensuring everyone's contribution is heard and valued.
- Good standard of education with GCSE passes in Mathematics and English or equivalent.
- Expect to attain (or have) three “A” level passes at grades A or B (including mathematics or statistics); alternatively, you may have similar level qualifications and work experience.
- Be willing to travel and have a full driving licence.
- Relevant work experience.
Project management experienceFuture prospects At the end of your three year apprenticeship you will graduate with a BSc (Hons) in Digital and Technology Solutions (Data Analytics). Things to consider The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year. Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year. The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over. Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).