Network Engineer Apprentice - Level 4
Intequal, in partnership with the Microsoft Apprenticeship Programme, are offering this exciting opportunity to embark on a career as a Network Engineer apprentice.
Throughout the duration of the apprenticeship, you will receive Microsoft training and accreditation through online learning and practical experience. These qualifications are highly respected and sought after and the skills, knowledge and experience you will gain whilst on the programme are invaluable, giving you the best possible chance at starting your professional career in the industry.
The company require a proactive IT Technician with an aptitude for communication and interest in Microsoft infrastructure technologies such as Windows.
Quickly assimilating new technologies, being able to apply what is learnt and showing a genuine enthusiasm for the technology are critical to this position's success.
You will be assisting the IT Manager in the smooth running of the companies IT Infrastructure.
As a Network Engineer apprentice, you will be required to ensure the smooth running of computer systems and ensuring users get maximum benefits from them. Individual tasks vary depending on the size and structure of the customer, and includes the following:
- Provide support to the company's Computer users across multiple sites.
- Assist in implementing new systems.
- Ensure company computers/printers/fax's/copiers are working and repair where required.
- Provide technical support of Microsoft and other systems to users.
- Manage company software catalogue.
- Assist in management of backups/patch installs/software updates.
- Assist in researching new technologies which will benefit the company
- You will have excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Experience in general use of MS Office.
- Ability to work unsupervised.
- Experience in general networking and network cabling.
- Experience of basic PC/Server repair.
- Ability to work with many different people.
- Time management skills.
- Ability to troubleshoot problems with logic as well as common sense. Ability to work at the companies various locations.
- Be polite and able to communicate clearly, both verbally and in writing.
- Work as part of a team and able to accept others views, even if different to your own.
- Ability to adapt to change and difference in methods of working.
You must have at least a C grade in both GCSE Maths & English (or equivalent qualifications), and in three or four other subjects at least. Having completed a level 3 IT apprenticeship would be beneficial.Future prospects Successful completion of the apprenticeship will lead to a full time IT support position within the companies. Things to consider A full Uk Driving license is required due to the nature of the role, moving As you will be required to travel to different locations of the offices. The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year. Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year. The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over. Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).