Control Production Apprentice
At Northern you'll enjoy truly excellent training and exciting, on the job learning and a dedicated induction and mentoring programme - preparing you for a rewarding, ever changing career within the rail industry.
SCHEME DELIVERY OUTLINE
You will be employed by Northern from day one, and you'll also be working towards gaining a Level 4 qualification. This will include college work and assignments to complete alongside a detailed portfolio, so it's important that you are willing to complete all your course work on time and meet deadlines.
The scheme will last for 24 months and you will have the opportunity to apply for any permanent roles with Northern that are available at the end of the programme.
WHAT ELSE WILL I LEARN?
As well as gaining this great practical experience within our Control Team, you will learn key skills such as team working, communication skills and working under pressure.
WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
You will be undertaking all the tasks and learning required as a production trainee in order to obtain an appreciation and understanding of the operational railway and how it is managed through control. You'll be assisting in the monitoring of Northern services using IT systems and also supporting the managers in monitoring control performance, assisting with supplying passenger information during disruption and also assisting in projects as required.
- Excellent Interpersonal skills
- Strong IT skills
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- A desire to learn and develop operating knowledge
- A willingness to learn and develop
- Motivated and forward thinking
- Excellent team player
- Personable, willing and enthusiastic.
- GCSE grade C or above in Maths and English (or equivalent, Literacy and Numeracy at Level 2 or above) is essential.
- It's desirable but not essential that you have AS/A Level or a BTEC qualification
- Acceptance is subject to college interview, initial assessment and taking a skill area test.
To apply for this vacancy please click on the link below: