Train Planning Production Apprentice
At Northern you'll enjoy truly excellent training and exciting, on the job learning and a dedicated induction and mentoring programme - preparing you for a rewarding, ever changing career within the rail industry.
SCHEME DELIVERY OUTLINE
You will be employed by Northern from day one, and you'll also be working towards gaining a Level 4 qualification. This will include college work and assignments to complete alongside a detailed portfolio, so it's important that you are willing to complete all your course work on time and meet deadlines.
The scheme will last for 24 months and you will have the opportunity to apply for any permanent roles with Northern that are available at the end of the programme.
WHAT ELSE WILL I LEARN?
As well as gaining this great practical experience within our Train Planning Team, you will learn key skills such as team working, communication skills and working under pressure.
WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
You will be undertaking all the tasks and learning required as a production trainee. You'll be working under the guidance of the Special Traffic Planning Manager and the Train Crew Diagram Managers and will be producing Special Traffic Plans, Unit Diagrams. You'll also learn how to evaluate diagram changes and you'll be assisting the team in other Train Planning tasks and projects.
- Highly developed Numeracy Skills
- A good geographical railway knowledge is preferred
- To be able to adapt to different working deadlines and timescales
- Excellent communication skills
- A desire to learn and develop operating knowledge
- A willingness to learn and develop
- Motivated and forward thinking
- Excellent team player
- Personable, willing and enthusiastic.
- GCSE grade C or above in Maths and English (or equivalent, Literacy and Numeracy at Level 2 or above) is essential.
- It's desirable but not essential that you have AS/A Level or a BTEC qualification
- Acceptance is subject to college interview, initial assessment and taking a skill area test.
To apply for this vacancy please click on the link below: