Product Development Chemist - Natech Ltd
This is an exciting opportunity to begin your career in Chemical Science with a Laboratory Scientist Degree Apprenticeship. You will assist in the research and development of new products and make modifications to existing products to improve overall functionality and profitability.
You will assist in the research and development of new products and make modifications to existing products to improve overall functionality and profitability.
Responsibilities of the job include:
- Making improvements or modifications to current products.
- Formulating new products.
- Assisting with production trials.
- Using design models to optimise product functionality.
- Generating ideas for new products and researching feasibility.
- Recording and analysing data.
- Presenting results to colleagues.
- Investigating and testing new equipment.
- Liaising with engineering, research, technical and/or production staff.
- Writing and reading technical papers, reports, reviews and specifications.
- Keeping up to date with relevant scientific and technical developments.
- The ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Written and oral communication.
- Problem solving.
- ICT Skills.
- A logical and investigative mind.
- A methodical approach to work.
- 5 GCSEs (or equivalent) grade A*-C including Maths, English and Science.
- A Levels including Science or BTEC qualification in Science equivalent to 220 UCAS points (or 80 new UCAS points).