QA Tester Apprentice
During your apprenticeship, you'll get exposed to:
- CRM systems
- Managing social media
- Using Microsoft Office package: Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Creating and managing databases
- Project planning
- Impact of the Use of IT
Analyse functional specifications in order to produce comprehensive test scripts and scenarios for expected results to be performed manually (and using automated testing tools if applicable)
- System testing of new modules and existing software enhancements to ensure they meet business requirements.
- Functionality Testing of new modules and existing software enhancements to ensure they meet business requirements through performing end to end business scenario tests
- Regression testing of new functionality and existing software enhancements to identify any possible impacts caused by changes.
- Recording of test results
- Maintain and manage manual scripts
- Verify and evidence the reproduction of any reported faults in existing software.
- Test fixes required for reported faults, including tests for possible impacts from changes.
- Ensure all work produced meets specified requirements before being released for internal approval.
- Identify and resolve errors in work.
- Proactively identify and resolve potential problems in work produced or the production process that may lead to customer dissatisfaction.
- Productively participate in company discussions with the aim to enhance own and whole team's work and standards.
- Ensure Quality and Compliance standards are achieved
- Preparation and review of test plans
- Preparation and review of test cases
- Execution of tests to ensure all software errors are identified and corrected
- Reporting of bugs and defects
The ideal candidate will be:
- Well-presented and enthusiastic with a keen interest in IT.
- Someone with a basic knowledge of technology in a corporate environment.
- Someone with Technical Skills - Windows/Microsoft focused.
- 5 GCSE grades (C and above) or equivalent, including Maths and English.
- Have a flexible and pragmatic approach.
- Work well as part of a small and productive team.
- Good communication skills.
- Demonstrable accuracy and attention to detail.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English.
- Organized, detailed and sceptical with a good sense of humour.
- Ensure client services and development teams are kept informed of progress and any significant issues.
- Proactively contribute to and utilise the company's technical knowledge base.
- Liaise with developers, client services and management team to better understand requirements and produce effective test scripts.
- Ensure developers are kept up to date with latest problems requiring resolution and take ownership of issue until resolved.
- Provide user-support services as back-up to client services team if required.
- In a timely manner assist and advise clients and colleagues on technical issues, resolving any incident calls allocated.
- Assist colleagues with the resolution of any work problems or queries relating to the progress of any outstanding/ongoing problems or the functionality of the Application software.
5 GCSE grades (C or above) or equivalent, including English and Maths.Future prospects Once you have achieved and completed your apprenticeship qualification, you will hopefully be given the chance to stay on with the company, developing into a full time role. Things to consider The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year. Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year. The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over. Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).