Software Engineer Apprentice - 1152
Responsibilities of the Software Engineer Apprentice:
- Be trained to have a basic understanding of relevant software engineering tools, techniques and methods within their area.
- Develop existing skills around problem analysis. You will have the ability to follow design expressed as UML. You will develop an understanding of programming models, understand the value that can be driven from data and information, via business intelligence and advanced analytics.
- Obtain knowledge of scripting and coding languages, web technologies, middleware technologies, data management & data quality tools, analytics & data science tools and SQL and no SQL databases.
- You will produce design deliverables including detailed software design, physical design, conceptual, logical and physical data models.
- Build software components, configure commercial off the shelf (COTS) software products, conduct unit testing, action changes / corrections, understand and apply configuration management principles.
- You will create test data / environment and handling customer service requests.
Requirements of the Software Engineer Apprentice:
- It would be advantageous to have programming experience using SQL Server, HTML, CSS, SAS, Microsoft, SPSS, Java, C#, C++, Python, R, SAP BusinessObjects, .NET or other Business Intelligence technologies
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office
- Work experience is desirable
- A highly motivated self-starter who is enthusiastic about technology with a desire to build on existing skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with a variety of stakeholders
- A professional and effective communicator
- Flexible in terms of location and mobility (generally UK focused) although initially based at our Birmingham office
An enthusiastic and professional attitude and commitment to learning new skills.Qualifications required
Someone with ideally 7 GCSE grades (C and above) or equivalent, including Maths and EnglishFuture prospects Once on board, you can tell from our Career Framework where you fit in the organisation and how you can develop your career, either within your job and area of expertise or across different expertise areas. You will also receive an Assigned learner assessor to each Apprentice, with added Line Manager Support. Things to consider What else is part of your Apprentice Programme? - When joining, Apprentices will have access to an Apprentice Facebook group and online portals to begin your induction and on boarding process - You will be invited to a two day Apprentice induction and welcome into the company including * Company information * Soft skill training * Opportunities for networking within the business and with other apprentices - Attend an annual Apprentice event for all Apprentices from across the UK to network and develop your skills further