Apprentice Test Analyst
You'll be working closely with designers and developers as we unleash new and exciting functionality into the world. As we continue to grow on our mission to become the best electrical retailer in Europe, this team is vital to the success of AO.
Here's what you can expect to be doing
• Checking merchandise and promotion updates across our sites, making sure our customers get the right information at the right time.
• Supporting the release of major marketing campaigns.
• Liaising with our analytics team to put together reports on the latest mobile and tablet devices - if our customers are using them, then we'll be using them too!
• Communicating with our international teams in Germany and the Netherlands.
• Finding and terminating any bugs!
Why choose AO?
This is no ordinary Apprentice Programme! AO offer a unique opportunity to learn, grow and aspire to be something bigger and better! You'll join us on a 2-year apprentice programme that will shape your future career within the fast paced digital retail world. As part of the programme, you'll have the opportunity to work alongside some of the UK's leading professionals whilst studying for your NVQ qualification.
Then the fun really begins! Every day is different, you'll be pushed to your limits and learn how to be the best in what you do. When you're not working hard you'll get the chance to have fun on our residential team building days, support some of the biggest charities in the country, maybe doing a spot of DIY SOS or helping to build a children's play park. This is on top of some of our regular perks like onsite Starbucks, free breakfasts and snacks, use of an onsite spa and the chance to attend some of the amazing events throughout the year. The sky really is the limit!Requirements and prospects Desired skills
We are seeking people with a bright mind, who are motivated to question, explore and learn. In return, we will provide the support and training required to back you in your progression into a technically competent Tester.
- A problem solver with an analytical approach.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- An attention to detail
- You'll be passionate about a great online experience, not only caring that something works as expected but looks equally as awesome.
- Ability to adapt to different tasks and see the bigger picture.
A minimum of 5 GCSEs (or equivalent qualifications) at grade C or above including English and Maths.Future prospects As an AO employee, you can take full advantage of our benefits package. As well as fundamental benefits, like pensions and holidays, we have designed our “AO Perks” to help you out financially, make your work life a little easier or make your home life a lot more fun. Things to consider Before you apply for this role, have you asked yourself: Do I live close enough to Bolton that I could commute there and back every day? Do I meet the qualifications required for this role? Am I available to start an apprenticeship within the next two months? Do I want to work in the IT industry and have I researched into it?