Engineering - Combat Systems Software
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a motivated and enthusiastic apprentice to join our successful and growing company in Winfrith, Dorset. ATLAS ELEKTRONIK UK together with its subsidiaries, is a technological leader in many sectors and has an excellent reputation, particularly as a supplier of Sonar Systems. We have unique and unrivalled domain knowledge in weapon handling, mine-hunting, naval weapons and combat systems.
ATLAS ELEKTRONIK UK is looking to employ an apprentice who is keen to progress in the world of engineering and who has a real passion and desire to understand our business domain.
The apprentice will be an integral part of the Combat Systems Software Department. This apprenticeship will offer variety and the opportunity to work with the software engineering teams, gaining experience in all aspects of the software development lifecycle including software design, software implementation and testing.
The Apprentice engineer under supervision and assistance will learn how to conduct the following tasks:
• Use requirements driven engineering design principles to develop innovative software components and systems.
• Efficient use of design tools including Enterprise Architect capturing UML designs.
• Software implementation using languages including C++ and Java.
• Software testing at all development stages including unit testing, integration testing and system acceptance testing.
• Configuration control and management.
• Change management.
• Justification and documentation of design principles.
• Active participation in design reviews.
• Laboratory and sea based testing of systems.
How to register your interest
Please forward your CV and a covering letter explaining why you are interested in the apprenticeship to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating the apprenticeship title in the subject line.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
• No prerequisite experience required but a demonstrable enthusiasm for engineering through school or hobby interests.
• Attention to detail.
• To be IT literate and familiar with Microsoft Word, Excel or equivalent software.
• Ability to work efficiently and accurately.
• Highly motivated.
• Aptitude for software engineering.Personal qualities
• The ability to work as a team member and possess good interpersonal, communication and literacy skills.
• To work with efficiency, accuracy and to be able to meet deadlines.
• To be able to prioritise workload and work under own initiative.
• High level of flexibility and dependability.Qualifications required
A levels in relevant subjects or a level 3 apprenticeship or other relevant qualification in Engineering or Software development.Future prospects Potential full time employment with continued personal development training and potential opportunity to gain job specific qualifications. Things to consider This role requires an SC security clearance.