Construction and Civil Engineering Apprenticeship
3 days left
We are offering 9 Construction and Civil Engineering Apprenticeships throughout the UK.
The positions are available across country, including London, Rainham, Birmingham, South Wales/Bristol, North West England and Yorkshire.
Successful candidates will be based on our live construction sites and will work with the site management team to ensure the projects are completed safely, on time, on budget and to the correct specifications.
The main purpose of this role is to assist in the day to day operational site control of contracts within the UK, focusing on safety, quality, productivity, cost control, performance to programme and customer service. Also, to assist in the management of contracts such that they perform in line with budget and to maintain motivated, effective and safety conscious workforce.
- Assist colleagues, as required, with providing effective engineering solutions.
- Work on VINCI PLC sites alongside other engineers, applying knowledge and increasing skill-base.
- Providing assistance to management team, in liaison with safety, quality, commercial and estimating departments.
- Production of simple contract reports (writing and compilation of reports).
- Produce weekly internal timesheets, where required from current contracts prior to submission of Contracts Manager/payroll.
- Ensure required site outputs and reports are produced (progress/safety/commercial/quality).
- General administration support to engineers.
- Preparation, issue and filing of correspondence including but not limited to contract related documentation and tenders.
- Processing and data entry or productivity information from sites, into IT systems for analysis.
The areas of work will include health and safety management, site engineering, management of construction productivity for both Direct and Sub-Contract labour and the management of the construction systems.
Candidates must have a flexible approach and be willing to work on projects throughout the UK (Note allowances are payable where applicable to make this affordable to the candidates).
As well as learning on the job, you will be required to attend Stephenson College on a block release basis. The three year course will provide you with a Level 4 HNC plus Eng Tech ICE or CIOB Certificate or Assoc RICS.
In addition to the qualifications the programme will enable candidates to progress in terms of level of responsibility, interpersonal skills, leadership, commercial awareness and technical engineering knowledge.
This pathway offers an interesting and progressive career in construction & Civil Engineering which can ultimately lead to full membership of the relevant professional bodies.
This opportunity could be a development opportunity as an attractive alternative to a traditional university career path.Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- Willingness to learn
- Ability to make things happen
- Ability to work in a team.
- Ability to understand and adhere to safety procedures
- Flexible approach,
- Ability to adapt to different situations,
- Keen to learn and willingness to take on responsibility,
- Demonstrates a good level of maturity and prepared to work away from home.
Standard for all applications
A minimum of 5 x GCSE's grades C or above (including maths at grade B, plus English and Science at grade C). (or equivalent qualifications)
Applications are also welcome from those studying A/S or A Levels.
Ability to drive would be an advantage, or willingness to learn to drive as travel will be essential in the future.