IT Technical Support Apprentice
Start to lay the bricks and foundations for in your new career in IT! We are looking for a hardworking and knowledgeable IT Technical Apprentice to work within our Malvern location. If you want to stuck into a profession in IT Hardware… APPLY TODAY!
Within this role as the IT Technical Apprentice, you will support with ;
- Work as part of a team of 3 to provide front line service desk support to internal employees
- Installing and configuring computer hardware operating systems and applications
- Monitoring and maintaining computer systems and networks
- Talking staff through a series of actions, either face-to-face or over the telephone, to help set up systems or resolve issues
- Troubleshooting system and network problems and diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults
- Replacing parts as required
- Following diagrams and written instructions to repair a fault or set up a system
- Supporting the roll-out of new applications
- Setting up new users' accounts and profiles and dealing with password issues
- Working continuously on a task until completion (or referral to third parties, if appropriate)
- Prioritising and managing many open cases at one time
- Rapidly establishing a good working relationship with colleagues
- Testing and evaluating new technology
- Conducting electrical safety checks on computer equipment.
- Offer remote IT Support to employee's
- Escalating IT issues to IT manager where necessary
- Provide desktop and server support
- Ensure that all security updates are applied to hardware.
- Previous knowledge and experience in IT
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Excellent communications skills
- Problem solver
- Good telephone manor
- Previous Working Experience
- Self Sufficient
Ideally a minimum 4 GCSE's C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)Future prospects Progression into a full-time role for the right candidate. Things to consider Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage (ANMW): The National Minimum Wage for Apprentices is £3.50 per hour. This is the legal minimum pay per hour applying to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their apprenticeship. For apprentices 19 or over who have completed their first year and are continuing their apprenticeship, the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies. It is highly important that you do not contact the Employers directly - any attempt of this may invalidate candidate's application. Should you have any queries regarding your Application or the job itself, please contact your 3aaa Training Academy.