PR Apprentice (Level 4)
Haggie Partners is a well-established financial public relations and corporate communications consultancy which has been leading the development of insurance and reinsurance communications since the early 1990s. They are seeking a strong writer with interests in media and business to be their PR Apprentice.
- Support everyone in the office in the smooth running of all office activities, day-to-day.
- Help the team to ensure client contract/communications objectives are met in a structured and controlled manner.
- Field telephone calls from suppliers, clients and journalists.
- Renew and maintain newspaper and magazine subscriptions.
- Research and collate information as requested; compile general press coverage analyses.
- Prepare client press coverage packs - to include collation and distribution, with quantitative and qualitative summaries.
- Liaise with journalists.
- Distribute daily analyst notes as necessary.
- Provide daily client media monitoring when required.
- Help in the research, compilation, proofreading and distribution of the in-house Environmental and Insurance Bulletins.
- Maintain distribution lists.
- Compile forward features lists.
- Printing, binding, filing and photocopying.
- Help with client and staff parties.
- Help with the overall maintenance of the office infrastructure.
- Manage own timesheets to include time spent on clients and time studying.
Expectations of the role
- Produce high quality work with attention to detail.
- Remain calm under pressure.
- Instil confidence, motivate and inspire clients and colleagues.
- Be proactive in offering assistance, provide an efficient message and reminder service when necessary.
- Be proactive in asking for assistance where necessary.
- Build sound and productive relationships internally and externally.
- Communicate well to a wide range of people/audiences.
- Be flexible.
- Support the company culture and positioning.
- Be open and communicative - especially with line manager so they are aware of any issues that arise.
- Proactively seek solutions.
- Demonstrate interest in the sector.
- Take joint responsibility in learning and development in both the PR and insurance sectors.
- Be compliant with company procedures to generate best practice.
- Use time efficiently.
- Complete PRCA coursework to agreed deadlines.
- Contribute to all new business initiatives where and how necessary.
In line with Haggie Partners' team ethos, all team members are required to be flexible and undertake any other such tasks as may be required from time-to-time.Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- Must be able to demonstrate a clear interest in working in a financial and corporate communications/PR environment.
- Excellent and confident verbal/written communication skills.
- Impeccable time management and ability to meet deadlines.
- Well presented
- Must have the ability to work well under pressure
- Minimum of 3 A Levels or equivalent is desirable
- GSCE A*-C in English or equivalent
- GCSE A*-C in Maths or equivalent