Apprentice Tax Consultant - Studying the ATT
- Liaise with tax authorities, third parties and clients by telephone, email, and letter.
- Undertake research into technical issues and report findings.
- Liaise and negotiate with HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) on behalf of the client.
- Draft response to client tax queries.
- Carry out detailed computations to calculate tax liability.
- Attend various meetings with clients, collating information and taking notes.
- Analyse financial and accounts data and data manipulation.
- Provide support on projects.
- Prepare proposals for new clients and involvement in business development.
- Prepare tax technical news articles and blogs for publication.
- Prepare in-house and external technical presentations on appropriate topics and presenting at seminars.
- Establish good working relationships with colleagues and clients.
- Keep up to date with changes to tax and other relevant legislation. ·
- Undertake successful training with the ATT CTA Tax Pathway with Kaplan Financial to develop your understanding of the UK tax system and enable further development of consulting opportunities.
Provide administrative support, including:
- Diary and Timesheet Management.
- Preparing documents using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- To undertake any other reasonable duties as required by your line manager or senior management and liaising with other Team Members within the Aspire Family.
Professional. Excellent verbal and written communication skills as contact with clients is often by telephone and email. A confident and professional mannerPersonal qualities
A dynamic employment tax apprentice who is committed to developing their career under a training contract to achieve a professional qualification.
A real passion for numbers, an analytical brain with an interest in forensic work and someone who is committed to achieving the best possible outcomes for our clients.Qualifications required
Educated to a minimum of 3 ‘A' levels or equivalent.Future prospects There are long-term opportunities to progress with the company. Things to consider Please note this is a tax apprenticeship to study the ATT.