Nayland Surgery work within the Colte Partnership and are looking to expand their successful and experienced team by hiring a Receptionist Apprentice to join their team. The Successful Apprentice will have the opportunity to gain valuable reception based experience with the chance to progress into a full time role if the apprenticeship period is successful.
The successful candidate will possess strong communication skills with a willing attitude to learn.
The main purpose of the job role is to receive, assist and direct patients in accessing the appropriate service or healthcare professional in a courteous, efficient and effective way either via telephone or face to face contact.
You will also provide general assistance to the practice team and project a positive and friendly image to patients and other visitors, either in person or via the telephone.
The job description is varied and the main duties will include:
- Greet and direct patients and visitors
- Process appointment requests for today and future appointments from patients by telephone and in person.
- Deal with visits requests
- Handing completed repeat prescriptions, medical reports, sick notes and other documents to patients and checking names and address.
- Deal with general enquiries and complaints
- Collect payments from patients for non-NHS services
- Respond to needs of doctors and nurses during surgery
- Register new patients and temporary residents
- Ensure outstanding queries are explained and handed over to next shift, as necessary
- To operate the switchboard as per practice protocols.
- To record and relay messages as required.
- Liaison with other agencies on behalf of the doctors as and when directed
- Be able to cover all reception positions as necessary
- Giving out results in accordance with practice protocols
- Confidentiality must be maintained at all times – medical records should not be accessed unless specifically directed to do so or as part of agreed procedures
- To have a thorough knowledge of all Practice procedures.
- To work in accordance of protocols
- To extract records for surgery sessions and re file notes as necessary if required
- Scanning of letters in accordance to written protocols
- Fax, photocopy and shred as requested
- Process repeat prescription requests
- Raising prescriptions as per Practice protocols
- Dealing with queries relating to repeat prescriptions
- Process patients change of address – computer data and medical records (have knowledge of practice area).
- To effect data entry to patient records as directed
Don't miss out on this fantastic opportunity to start a rewarding and progressive career, be sure to apply now!
About the employer
Creffield medical practice are part of The Colte Partnership. As a group we want to share best practice to scope and deliver excellent quality services for our patients, our staff and our GP's. 12 practices working together to protect the future of general practice and transform the way we work to deliver high quality care for our patients;
- Our patient list size from the combined 12 practices will be over 118,000, one of the largest in the UK
- One overarching partnership with a minimum requirement to share accountancy and banking functions
- Significant autonomy at delivery site level
- Optional levels of integration to allow practices to choose which functions they wish to share
- Commitment to share and deliver quality best practice
- We are joining as a group to support & strengthen primary care in our locality
- Support to our practices to maintain existing or generate new income streams and reduce costs
- The successful apprentice will work 37 hours per week within the hours of 8AM-6PM, Monday to Friday. (1 hour lunch break)
- Total hours per week: 37.00
Training to be provided
- Customer service practitioner level 2 standard
- Functional skills in Maths and English if required
Customer service practitioner
- Strong communication skills
- Hard working
- A-C grades in Maths and English are desired however not required
- The Successful apprentice will have the opportunity to progress into a full time job role if the apprenticeship period is successful.
Things to consider
- The successful apprentice will be paid £150 per week which will increase to £175 per week after successfully passing a 3 month probation period.
- The Successful apprentice will be working between the Nayland Surgery practice and the West Bergholt Surgery - 2/3 Erle Havard Rd, West Bergholt, Colchester CO6 3LH and will therefore need to ensure they can travel to these locations.