Apprentice Quantity Surveyor
Our Quantity Surveyor Apprenticeship will give you a thorough introduction into surveying, by being actively involved within a small, niche and dynamic firm of specialist surveyors. The role will include working closely with our award winning team of Chartered Surveyors, specialising in property tax, and supporting with our technical project delivery.
Your role will include working with our established technical team; analysing Capital Allowances claims, undertaking site surveys, as well as helping with business development tasks.
This Apprentice Quantity Surveyor role is ideal if you have the drive and commitment to see tasks through to completion and have a genuine interest in property. It will enable you to develop your technical skills in a busy office environment, as you will have being involved in all aspects of the business.
You will be reporting to the Managing Director Alun Oliver, who will support you with your development of property, tax & business knowledge. You will also have a buddy and mentor to support you during your time at E3 Consulting.
The role will include:
- Interpreting drawings, measurements and take off
- Analysing bills of quantities, contract sums and final accounts
- Supporting the team in conducting site surveys of properties across the UK
- Drafting tenders and proposal documents for new projects
- Researching and identifying sales prospects and targets
- Supporting members of the tax team with project delivery
- Data collection, entry and analysis of Capital Allowances costs including new build, redevelopment, extensions and improvements on current projects
- Attending client service meetings
- Developing and applying an understanding of Capital Allowances, Land Remediation Relief, Community Infrastructure Levy and other Property Tax reliefs
- Supporting with case law research, reviewing and maintaining legal library
- Helping maintain our Customer Relationship management (CRM) & project workflow database
- Attending and participating in company seminars
- Representing the company as an ambassador at seminars and networking events
As well as applying through this website, you may also apply through our own website as follows:
Please review the E3 Consulting careers section at www.e3consulting.co.uk/careers as well as our website and social media.
You can apply for this role by emailing email@example.com, stating your name & the position you are interested in, quoting reference E3AQS2017. Please attach your CV (ensuring you include your telephone number) and a tailored covering letter addressed to Nicky Oliver, Director.
Your covering letter should state: where you heard about this position; why you are applying for the role; why you would like to work at E3 Consulting and why you wish to work in Southampton.
If your initial application should be successful, you will be invited to complete our application form along with a practical research exercise. This will help in giving us further insight into your ability and motivation for applying for the role. The next stage will then be to invite you to participate in a telephone interview prior to coming in for face-to-face interviews as part of our Insight and Evaluation day(s).
We look forward to hearing from you.Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- An effective oral & written communicator
- Strong analytical and evaluation skills
- Ability to follow instructions precisely and also be able to use own initiative
- A logical thinker with excellent attention to detail
- Enjoy the challenge of complex problems and be able to articulate & present a range of solutions & opinions
- A strong desire to be challenged and to have early responsibility
- Bright, engaging and able to work under pressure
- Have a curious mind, and a keen desire to learn
- Flexible in approach and outlook
- A conscientious team player who naturally enjoys supporting others and possesses a collaborative working style
- A can do attitude & proactive work ethic
- High level of common sense
- Genuine interest in property
For standard entry applicants, must have obtained 96 UCAS tariff points (2017 Tariff) or 230 UCAS tariff points (2016 Tariff) or have an equivalent level of attainment through recognised qualifications not included in the UCAS Tariff
Have completed an Advanced Apprenticeship in Surveying or an Advanced Apprenticeship in Construction Technical through which a Construction and Built Environment Diploma with a minimum DD profile was obtained or through which a Construction and Built Environment Extended Diploma with a minimum MMM profile was obtained, or an equivalent qualification
Have a current RICS Associate qualification (AssocRICS)
Have GCSE Grade C or above in English and Mathematics (Grade 4 for applicants holding newly reformed GCSEs in England) or an equivalent Level 2 qualification in English and Mathematics as defined by the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF) in England.
*Recognised qualifications having an equivalent level of attainment as those recognised by UCAS include: Higher National Certificate (HNC), Higher National Diploma (HND), professional qualifications from recognised institutions, certain armed forces qualifications and partially completed degrees.Future prospects Upon completion of the BSc (Hons) Quantity Surveying and the structured workplace learning you will undertake the RICS Assessment of Professional Competence leading to registration with the RICS as a Chartered Surveyor. Things to consider Based in Southampton with regular travel throughout UK for client meetings and site surveys.