Apprentice Software Developer
As a apprentice software developer you will report directly to the Software Development Engineer. Duties will include support and development of various pieces of Software across the business. The three main areas are:
- Customer Software. This includes our expanding suite of cross platform applications based on our core technology currently in development.
- Calibration/business operations support. This will include automation of processes using access to the company database and utilising the core software technology being developed for 1 above.
- Development tools. This supporting role is to develop small applications, quickly, to support the R&D department in the development of new products.
The main Software is developed using Embarcaderos Delphi with various plug ins. The requirements for our Software include Communications using Bluetooth, USB and serial. Communications using FTP, Drop Box and other file sharing protocols are also required in some applications. Graphics are also a high consideration for presentation of data and interfacing to the end user.
The position will come with product awareness training, use of the latest design technology, in house and external test facilities, a supporting R&D team and above all job satisfaction of seeing designs turn into manufactured products in very short lead times.Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- A desire to work in Software programming.
- Some experience of writing for PC, mobile or database.
- Strong Mathematics.
- Focused individual with a logical systematic approach to problem solving.
- GCSE (or equivalent) Mathematics and English at grade C or above.
- 300 UCAS points from, for example, at least 2 A Levels or a QCF BTEC Extended Diploma.
- A professional discussion with the program team at South Devon College will also need to be undertaken, prior to acceptance on to the course.