Accounting Assistant Higher Apprenticeship (Level 4)
Ideally you will have completed Level 3 or are working through level 4 of the AAT qualification and have experience of working with business accounts.
We work on a client manager basis therefore your will be allotted clients for whom you will offer all aspects of our services from payroll and bookkeeping, to year end accounts. You will have skills and knowledge to demonstrate: year-end accounts preparation, Bookkeeping, VAT computations, company secretarial and payroll services and.
- Preparation of year-end accounts for sole traders, limited companies. Preparation of corporation tax returns.
- Bookkeeping services for clients using Xero, and VT Transaction+, including:
- Processing sales and purchase invoices
- Recoding payment/receipts
- Daily online bank reconciliations
- Dealing with customer and supplier' account queries
- Journal postings
- VAT computations and preparation of returns for clients
- Payroll services for clients
- Preparation of client engagement packs, set up and maintain client files
- Maintenance of central client databases.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- Knowledge of MS Office, i.e. Excel, Word and Outlook
- Good keyboard skills
- Must be self-motivated
- Able to work without direct supervision
- Apply a very high level of attention to detail
- Able to work to regular deadlines
- Must have a mature and professional approach and be well presented
- Confident telephone manner
You must have a Level 3 or be completing your Level 3 in AAT this year to be considered for this vacancy.
A - C English and Maths GCSE (or equivalent)
A - Level Maths A - C (or equivalent)
Functional Skills Level 2 also accepted.Future prospects To advance through AAT level 4 and potential to study for ACCA professional exams Things to consider We are a small team therefore the individual will be expected to work alone at the office on rare occasions. This business environment requires an individual who enjoys routinely working to deadlines and who is prepared to put in the extra mile to meet them. Holiday entitlement: 20 days (plus bank holidays), Staff benefits: semi-flexible working hours