Apprentice Home Manager
As Home Manager or Deputy Home manager you will draw upon your extensive expertise and leadership skills, as you will be responsible for the running of all aspects of the home, ensuring it runs as efficiently as possible whilst maintaining the highest standards of quality, care and clinical excellence, parallel with the commercial success of the home.
Our ideal candidate will have a proven track record in the management and delivery of high quality care within Nursing homes, possess strong commercial acumen along with having excellent communicative skills and be able to demonstrate excellent leadership.
A normal day would include;
• Manage the day-to-day running of the home and to act as person-in-charge
• Investigate complaints, take appropriate action and report to the person-in-control and/or the CQC
• Ensure that the emotional, spiritual, physical, medical and material needs of the service users are recognised, assessed, met and reviewed
• Support service users in the taking of decisions in matters which affect their life style
• Recruitment, appointment and deployment of care, catering and domestic staff
• Ensure that there is good communication with and between staff and to arrange staff meetings
• Ensure that effective induction, supervision and assessment of staff is carried out and that training needs are identified and met
• Ensure that legislation and regulations concerning environmental health, infection control, building control, planning and health and safety are complied with, and to advise the person-in-control accordingly where action is required.
• Be responsible for the monitoring and control of day-to-day expenditure within the limits prescribed by the person-in-control
• Prepare budgets and monthly cash flow reports for the person-in-control and to ensure that adequate accounting and financial records systems are in operation
How you will be supported:
Full training and support will be provided by our expert training and assessment staff at The Skills Company.
What will happen next:
New applicants to The Skills Company who meet any basic entry requirements of the role will be contacted within two working days to be invited to meet a member of our team. You will then have the opportunity to find out:
• More about this vacancy and any others you are suitable for
• Any training you need to complete
• What the next steps will be
How you could get there:
If you would be catching public transport for this role, visit the Journey Planner on www.tfgm.com to see how you would get there and how long it would take.
- Able to take responsibility
- Leadership skills
- Self motivated
- Good time management skills
- Willingness to undertake any training provided
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Well motivated and enthusiastic
- Presentable appearance
- Sense of humour
- Commitment to Equal Opportunities
- Reliable and conscientious
Level 3 in Health & Social CareFuture prospects Permanent job role. Things to consider Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage (ANMW): The National Minimum Wage for Apprentices is £3.50 per hour from 1st April 2017. This is the legal minimum pay per hour applying to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their apprenticeship. For apprentices 19 or over who have completed their first year and are continuing their apprenticeship, the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies.