Management Accountant Apprentice
To work with the Financial Processing Manager managing accounts including: budgeting, decision and control, accounting systems and financial statements. Joining our Finance team, you will…
- Assist with the collation of contracts for the asset and liability register
- Assist our legal office with preparing properties for security
- Assist in maintaining a register of lease agreements
- Produce monthly analysis of expenses charged to specific expenditure codes, which are to be shared with the business.
- Assist with the production of the annual statutory accounts, tax computations and other regulatory/statutory returns
- Work with Processing team leaders and the Processing Manager on projects, improving processes and system skills.
- Knowledge of accountancy procedures and financial systems
- Good understanding of various computerised applications within a complex organisation
- Knowledge and experience of financial accounting policy and practice
- Knowledge of housing association finances
- Experience of building internal relationships
- Able to work with large quantities of financial information
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Able to work within a team
- Able to work to tight deadlines
- Appreciation of and commitment to, equality and diversity of all aspects of YH's activities
Good standard of A level attainment in a related subject, e.g. maths, statistics, accounts or equivalent.Future prospects Possible progression onto level 6/7 Things to consider DO NOT APPLY DIRECTLY WITH THE COMPANY. DO NOT APPLY IF YOU DO NOT MEET THE MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ENSURING YOU CAN COMMUTE TO THE APPRENTICESHIP LOCATION. Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage (ANMW): The National Minimum Wage for Apprentices is £3.50 per hour from 1st April 2017. This is the legal minimum pay per hour applying to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their apprenticeship. For apprentices 19 or over who have completed their first year and are continuing their apprenticeship, the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies.