Software Developer Apprentice
5 days left
If you're somebody that has already got some experience in IT and is looking to become more specialised in software development, this is the apprenticeship for you. You'll be fully supported in your development by experienced colleagues, and will be given the chance to learn directly from them.
What you'll be doing:
- You'll develop an understanding of the usage of databases, data tools, models and processes for both our clients' interests and our internal users
- You'll support the execution of data processes, completing the delivery of high-quality content to clients and/or internal stakeholders
- You'll support the operation of the systems and processes used to deliver content to clients and/or internal stakeholders, working with others to provide a global service.
- You'll be the first level support to document issues with the supported databases, data tools, models and processes and will assist with their resolution.
- You'll operate data processes, under supervision and support of more experienced colleagues.
- You'll develop data management skills and knowledge of the organisation's products and services by working closely with more experienced colleagues.
- You'll develop skills in client or internal customer engagement through talking with internal customers on a frequent basis, to clients occasionally.
- You're able to demonstrate a keen interest in programming
- You're looking for a data-related role and is skilled in numbers and data handling.
- You have a basic knowledge of a relevant programming language (vb.net, C# preferred.)
- You are able to demonstrate strong MS Excel skills
A minimum of 5 GCSEs (or equivalent qualifications) at grade C or above including English and Maths and Mathematics and/or Computer Science at A-Level or aboveFuture prospects 96% of Arch Apprentices move straight into the destination of their choice when they finish their apprenticeship with many seeing their salary go up to £15k-£20k a year immediately post-apprenticeship - £290-£385 a week! Things to consider Before you apply for this role, have you asked yourself: Do I live close enough to Guildford that I could commute there and back every day? Do I meet the qualifications required for this role? Am I available to start an apprenticeship within the next two months? Do I want to work in the Software Development industry and have I researched into it? The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year. Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year. The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over. Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).