Apprentice Accounts Assistant
Liberum seeks a motivated and enthusiastic accounts assistant and is offering apprenticeship study support for Level 4 AAT and ACCA. In this varied and challenging role, you will work as part of a team of five to run a busy finance department within an Investment Bank, focusing on both accounting and reporting responsibilities.
- Record, analyse and pay invoices and expense claims.
- CSA's, invoicing and journal preparation.
- Sales and purchase ledger work.
- Assist with preparation of VAT returns.
- Preparation of daily flash revenue report.
- Assist with month end production of Executive Management and Board level reports.
- Revenue allocation and reconciliations to various internal clients and external custodians.
- Interrogation of Fidessa trading system to publish daily flows and respond to Business information requests.
- Production and maintenance of daily cash position and operational reports.
- Assist with production of regulatory reports.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite
- Commercially aware with an interest in the financial market
- Able to plan own time effectively to ensure all information is delivered error free and on time
- Able to prioritise key tasks and meet strict deadlines
- Able to demonstrate a proactive and innovative attitude to tasks
- Ability to interact with all levels of seniority
- Advanced Excel
- Experience using accounting systems
- Financial Services experience
- Ambition to succeed and become ACCA qualified
- Detail oriented, analytical and logical
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Ideally at least seven A - C GCSEs (or equivalent), including English and Maths.Future prospects Possible progression within the company. Things to consider It is highly important that you do not contact the Employers directly - any attempt of this may invalidate candidate's application. Should you have any queries regarding your Application or the job itself, please contact your 3aaa Training Academy. The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year. Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year. The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over. Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).