Greencarrier are a team of 850 dedicated employees operating in 11 countries. Every day, they provide 15.000 customers worldwide with sustainable logistics solutions. To them, the world is a place full of possibilities – they believe that no challenge is too large or too small. Whether you need to ship your goods by sea, air, road, or rail, they can make it happen.
They are looking for a motivated apprentice to join their team in Ipswich as a Transport Administrator.
Roles and Responsibilities will include:
- Using various in-house systems and web base systems.
- Using excel, spreadsheets and Microsoft word.
- Taking and making calls.
- Taking bookings over the phone.
- Scanning/filing documents.
- Sending and responding to emails.
- Other general office duties,
Future duties include:
- Handling daily shipment bookings and container manifests.
- Handling invoices.
- Running the booking system for collections from the warehouse.
If this sounds like something you would love to do, then do not hesitate to apply now!
About the employer
Greencarrier are an independent private company offering customised logistics and transport solutions worldwide. They are the ideal choice for small and large consignments, by sea, land or air. They are the best option for companies seeking a combination of flexible systems and reliable processes, as well as customised special solutions and personal service. Their domestic market is the Nordic and Baltic countries, with global transport solutions focusing on Eastern Europe, Central Asia and China.
- Monday - Friday 9am-5:30pm (1 hour lunch)
- Total hours per week: 37.50
- IT Literate
- Excellent communicational skills.
- Keen to learn in the industry,
- It is desired that the successful candidate will hold GCSE, or equivalents, grades (A-C) / (9-4) in English and maths
- However, if these have not been achieved Key Training will provide support and upskill in these subjects through Functional Skills, which will be a requirement.
- If hard work has been shown throughout the Apprenticeship, there will be the opportunity to progress onto a full-time position within the company after completion of the Apprenticeship
- Looking for an apprentice to grow and contribute to the company long-term
Training to be provided
- Level 3 in Business Administration
- Functional Skills in Maths and English (If needed)
Expected apprenticeship duration