IT Support Apprentice
A leading family-run electrical wholesaler since 1960, R and B Star are well-placed to support you with a full range of top-quality electrical products and equipment. Today, we serve London and the South East from our two branches in Dartford and Maidstone along with our bulk storage facility in Greenwich – with a dedicated fleet of vehicles and drivers to deliver what you need, when you need it.
The successful candidate will be required to undertake regular training to get their skills to a high standard, therefore they would need to have a real passion to learn many aspects of IT and use that passion along with self-motivation on hobbies and homemade projects. The ideal candidate would have built their own website, have some basic programming skills and have a genuine interest to learn.
These areas will include;
- Day to day IT support calls which could include;
- MS 365 products (outlook / word / excel / PowerPoint etc)
- Exchange Email and SPAM issues
- Internet explorer / browsing problems
- Printing Issues
- ERP system issues
- Assist in diagnosing network problems across the three sites and escalating to the relevant third party
- Assisting in managing the phone system (and escalating to the relevant third party where necessary)
- Virus protection (is up to date and working)
- Assisting in updating and maintaining our servers (and escalating problems to the relevant third party when necessary)
- Maintaining records for our various IT related support agreements and assisting with sourcing new partners when necessary (including giving notice at the appropriate time)
- IT Training (outlook / word / excel / PowerPoint etc)
- Assisting with project work
- Keeping our WordPress website up to date and develop it further
- Assist in building a new e-commerce website
£3.70 per hour
Hours of work are 8:00 am – 5:00 pm Monday to Friday. Due to the nature of the job, there may be occasions when the applicant is required to work outside of trading hours.
The ideal candidate would have built their own website, have some basic programming skills and have a genuine interest to learn
A real passion to learn many aspects of IT and use that passion along with self-motivation on hobbies and homemade projects.
A*-D (or equivalent) Maths, English and IT
On the job training with the employer whilst working towards the Apprenticeship Standard – consisting of the Intermediate NVQ Level, Technical Certificate and Functional Skills if appropriate.
Regular work based assessments/observations carried out by Kent Training & Apprenticeships Tutor Assessor, to determine competency and meet with Awarding Body standards.
The employer has asked that you do not contact them direct. Doing so could jeopardise your application. You will be responsible for your travel expenses to and from your place of work. Therefore, you must have the means to get to your place of work on a daily basis whilst waiting for your first wages to be paid.
KT&A: Kent Training & Apprenticeships are part of Kent County Council and are a leading training organisation with nearly 30 years successful experience. KT&A specialise in high quality work-based training, delivered by qualified staff with personal experience of working in the skill area they teach.