Apprenticeship Construction Management - East of England 2017
What you will be doing:
- Ensure that safe systems of work are in place on site and that all staff and operatives on site adhere to those systems and safe standards of behaviour
- Manage productivity on site so that the project is completed on time
- Manage activity on site that adheres to contract and cost restraints
- Ensure that the site has minimal impact on the environment and local community
- Manage interfaces between the various stakeholders associated with the site
- Ensure that the project is completed to the specification and quality demanded by the client
- Develop an understanding of construction skills, terminology and methodology
As well as strong numeracy and well developed team and people skills you will have the enthusiasm to keep the momentum going on the project.
You will be able to set the pace as well as the standards for the team.
You will also have the ability to describe what interests and motivates you about the construction industry.Personal qualities
Pass pre-employment medical which includes drug and alcohol test.Qualifications required
- Minimum 3 A Levels (or equivalent), at grades A-C
- Minimum of 5 GCSEs (or equivalent), at grades A-C, including Maths, English, and Science with a B in Maths
Salary and benefits:
We offer a competitive salary and flexible benefits package and travel allowance if applicable to the role.
Your professional institution fees will be covered.
For more information about what you can expect as a Balfour Beatty Apprentice and what's involved in the scheme, please visit: www.balfourbeatty.com/careers and view the profiles of our current apprentices across the group.
Should you require any further assistance with your application, please contact email@example.comThings to consider From 1st April 2017 The National Minimum Wage (NMW) rate for apprentices is £3.50 per hour. This applies to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other apprentices the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies. The Minimum Wage for Apprentices applies to time spent on the job plus time spent training.