SQL Service Desk Engineer Apprentice
Our Client provides specialist insurance and ancillary services to the private rented property sector and the cosmetic and aesthetic practitioner industry.
They are currently looking for a bright, ambitious Apprentice to work within the IT Department as part of the Service Desk team, assisting in the support and maintenance of all IT systems used by the Insurance division.
- Provide 1st and 2nd line support for internal software customers
- Creating and updating tickets for support requests and change requests as necessary
- Analysis of issues including first line investigation into the root cause of the problem
- Ensuring customer queries get a prompt response
- Manage resolution of issues within agreed Service Levels, escalating when required
- Preparation of SQL scripts
- Liaising with the Infrastructure and Development teams to troubleshoot support queries and provide feedback to internal customers
- Build and maintain knowledge management systems
- Assist with preparation of user documentation
- Independent skills
- Team work skills
- Organisational skills
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Knowledge of SQL and good querying skills essential
- A good conceptual understanding of databases is expected
- Adaptability and flexibility
- Positive attitude and energy
- Mature, calm person
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines, whilst demonstrating drive and a positive approach to work
5 GCSEs (ideally A* - C) including Maths and English, or equivalent qualifications.Future prospects Tech and digital professionals in London earn an average salary of £52,500 per year, so this Apprenticeship could be the start of a very promising and profitable career. AFTER THE APPRENTICESHIP Over 90% of our Apprentices move on to permanent full time employment in the tech industry. There are also opportunities to extend your training with a higher level Apprenticeship programme. Just IT have already helped over 1000 people kick-start their tech and digital careers with an Apprenticeship.