Software Development Apprentice -- 11383
We have divided our operational activities into three dedicated management divisions: the Telecommunications (TC) Division, the Information Technology (IT) Division and the Digital Division (DD). Each has entrepreneurial responsibility for the entire value chain within their designated business area.
- Work as a member of the Development team.
- Work on a day-to-day basis with various client projects.
- To develop and support content migration/integration projects and/or deliver services, meeting both industry and T-Systems delivery standards and to satisfy the requirements of the Customer.
- To work as part of a self-motivated project delivery team.
- To keep up-to-date with the latest migration, integration and collaboration technologies ensuring efficient and relevant solution development and support.
- Understand and use all quality and relevant general procedures issued by the company.
- Assist in the development of new software to help the business/customer needs.
- With support and oversight from other team members provide development skills working with requirements specifications from Solution Architects.
- Apply your skills to build scalable applications.
- Test drive developments.
- Perform other job related duties that align to gaining work experience to compliment the apprenticeship programme.
- Build awareness and understanding of security, recoverability and data integrity.
- Develop and deliver software solutions or services within estimated time and budget.
- Reporting into the Principal Consultant.
- The focus of the role will be to utilise proprietary technology and methodology in the area of content migration and integration creating a repeatable high value outcome for customer.
- You will be responsible for working in a team to deliver short term migration/integration projects based on solutions defined by an architect who will work closely with the development team.
- Enthusiastic about working in the IT sector.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Great team players.
- Committed to solving problems and troubleshooting.
- Attention to detail.
- Open to new ideas and keen to learn.
- Open minded and comfortable with change and ambiguity.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Demonstrate forward thinking, innovation and initiative in order to deliver high quality solutions.
- Flexibility to engage with multiple customer and internal business units, consequently this may require travel to other T-Systems locations throughout the UK and to customer sites if required.
Someone with an enthusiastic and professional attitude and a commitment to learning new skills.Qualifications required
6 GSCEs (or equivalent) grades A-C, including English and Maths.Future prospects 92% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their apprenticeship. Additionally there may be opportunities to undertake further apprenticeship training as many of our programs offer ongoing development tracks. Things to consider Benefits • Pension - which we will double match up to 13%. • 25 days annual holiday, this will increase in line with employment service Enhanced Company Sick Pay • Dress down Friday • Breakthrough recognition scheme - Awards are given in the form points that are then used/accumulated to obtain vouchers • We're a very active company with many lunch times activities, running, walking and swimming clubs • On site restaurant • Many initiatives, CSR, Wellbeing Calendar, Employee Recognition Scheme • The programme gives the role holder qualifications, skills and technical grounding to design, test and maintain software and web systems. Which will lead to becoming a skilled in content migration solutions and Software Development. This will be supported by the opportunity to study the Software and Web and Development The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year. Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year. The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over. Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).