Housing Business Administration Apprentice
An exciting opportunity has arisen at Dartford Borough Council. The ideal candidate will support housing officers in the delivery of key housing management functions and assist in the delivery of a customer focussed frontline housing service.
The Borough of Dartford comprises the town of Dartford and eight surrounding parishes: Stone Bean Darenth Longfield & New Barn Southfleet Sutton-at-Hone & Hawley Swanscombe & Greenhithe Wilmington. The population of the Borough is approximately 107,500 residents comprising of approximately 45,270 households – 87% of these are in the private sector.
Located on the border of Kent, London and Essex, Dartford is one of the most exciting and dynamic regions in the country.
Dartford is at the heart of one of the Government’s key growth zones within the Thames Gateway and will see around 20,000 new homes and up to 50,000 new jobs created in the borough over the next 25 years – a substantial addition to the existing residents in the Borough.
Description of Vacancy
An opportunity to gain valuable experience within a busy Local Authority Housing department. The successful applicant will be a key and invaluable support to the Housing Management Team which is one of the busiest sections of the whole council.
Duties will include:
- Scanning and processing incoming post.
- Answering enquiries both face to face and over the telephone from internal and external customers
- Providing administrative back up for front line staff including assisting with applications for alterations to premises, mutual exchanges, tenancy changes, court and associated paperwork
- Assisting with processing estate inspections, sending out correspondence follow on letters/instructions
- Arranging appointments for tenants to attend interviews
- Updating housing databases including for general housing management and Anti-Social Behaviour
- Assisting with out-going correspondence by printing off letters, batching up and taking to the Post Room
- Accompanying Housing Officers on visits taking notes of interviews typing up file notes
3.90 per hour as from 1 April 2019
£144.30 per week as from 1 April 2019
37.5 hours per week
8.45am – 5.15pm Mon to Thursday
8.45am – 4.45pm on Fridays
Adequate computer knowledge,
A good head for figures
Ability to prioritise workload.
Good written and verbal communication skills
Good telephone manner
Confident in communication
5 GCSE’s Grade C (4) and above that must include Maths and English or equivalent,and ICT or equivalent Level 2 Qualification.
On the job training with the employer whilst working towards the Apprenticeship Framework – consisting of the Intermediate NVQ Level, Technical Certificate and Functional Skills if appropriate.
Regular work based assessments/observations carried out by Kent Training & Apprenticeships Tutor Assessor, to determine competency and meet with Awarding Body standards.