Higher IT Apprenticeship
The ICT apprentice role will involve providing first and second line IT support to both students and staff with plenty of opportunities to develop your understanding of ICT systems and their support whilst receiving a salary.
- You will be giving First to Third line IT support to both students and staff.
- You will receive on the job training and be working alongside experienced staff building up knowledge and specialist skills.
- First Line support roles will include: End of phone support and referral where necessary, setup of equipment for events/assemblies, password support, Asset logging and tracking, equipment safety testing and verification.
- As you develop you will tackle more and more second Line support tasks including, hardware and software maintenance/installation, infrastructure installation with the opportunity to learn about and work on the servers, Switching infrastructure and wireless.
- Ultimately you will be working from first line though to third line support and engaging with the planning and implementation of new systems, improvements and policies as part of the team.
- As part of your level 4 studies you will have the opportunity to lead on projects such as planning future systems and processes for the Kings and primaries, improving and assessing security, defining and implementing processes for system operation/management.
- You will be involved in physical installation activities including Projector, Television and Network cable installation,
- We will seek to develop your troubleshooting skills/experience and develop you into someone who can resolve a disparate range of problems without support. As a level 4 apprentice we want you to have the opportunity to stretch yourself and work on introducing or improving a live system.
- The role would ideally suit a young person and may also include support to the local primary schools in the King's School catchment area.
General experience and enthusiasm for ICT systems and computers.Personal qualities
- A good team player with a friendly, confident and versatile personality who is keen to learn new skills and has an interest in the Information Technology field.
- Able to relate effectively to a wide range of staff, students and visitors to the school.
- Reliable and trustworthy and able to handle confidential information in a responsible way.
- Ideally candidates will hold GCSE's or equivalent in Maths & English at grades A-C, supported with evidence.
- As this is a higher apprenticeship you will need to hold relevent ICT qualifications.