Investment Operations Apprentice (IOC) with Homes & Communities Agency
The Apprentice role will play a key supporting role in the Portfolio Operations Team working closely with the HCA Investment Portfolio Management Team on activities relating to the portfolio operations and loan servicing/management.
Responsibilities of the Investment Operations Apprentice:
- To support the effective and efficient delivery of portfolio operations by providing support to staff in the Portfolio Operations Team, including the processing of payments, release of security and use of relevant IT systems;
- To collect, collate, review and process information and intelligence to support the portfolio management and investment recovery process;
- To engage with existing and potential borrowers in a professional manner;
- To present information in a professional manner to support the deliver of HCA's ‘double bottom line';
- To identify, analyse and understand the HCA Investment end-to-end business process through working collaboratively with other HCA Investment teams;
- To maintain, analyse and interpret portfolio data to identify key trends and issues in support the monitoring and recovery of investment on programmes and/or projects;
- To support the development, testing, implementation, monitoring and review of systems and procedures that support portfolio management and investment recovery activities;
- To deliver all work in response to HCA Investment priorities, as determined by HCA Investment Senior Management Team; and
- To deliver any other duties which are commensurate with the post.
- Shows effective communication skills (e.g. active listening, written and verbal skills) and varies style and method appropriate to context.
- Experience of using Microsoft Windows & Office.
- Non-vocational experience such as voluntary work or work experience will be an advantage.
- Ability to develop and maintain good working relationships.
- Ability to work independently and manage own workload effectively.
- You will be a keen learner, with the ability to balance the challenges at work versus the demands of studying.
- Previous experience is not necessary, but you will be enthusiastic and motivated to learn and to develop your administration skills.
- You will have excellent interpersonal & communication skills, and be able to work under pressure, with the ability to prioritise and be organised.
- You will be a good team player, have excellent client care skills and be computer literate, ideally with experience of Microsoft packages.
5 GCSE Grades (C and above) or equivalent, including Maths and English.Future prospects There may be opportunities for progression for the right candidate upon successful completion of the apprenticeship. Things to consider ·33 days annual leave per year, 3 to be taken over Christmas period ·Company pension scheme. ·Travel expenses are paid between home and work in Team Valley (Gateshead), and the training centre in Newcastle city centre. ·Additional apprentices already within the company who will look to act as apprentice buddies. ·Standard working hours are 35 hours per week. 9am - 5pm. From April 2017 this rises to £3.50 per hour. This applies to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other apprentices the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies. The Minimum Wage for Apprentices applies to time spent on the job plus time spent training.