Procurement/Public Sector Commercial Professional Apprentice
Derby Homes manages 13,500 council properties in Derby City, and is much more than just a landlord. Would you like to join our award winning Apprenticeship Scheme?
We are looking to recruit a Procurement Apprentice to support the transformation of the way that the best quality public services are delivered, whilst securing value for taxpayers' money. You will be working towards Public Sector Commercial Level 4 qualification. You will learn a range of skills and gain a great deal of on the job experience throughout your apprenticeship. Experience will be gained working on high-profile, high-value, high-risk projects that affect millions of people and are worth billions of pounds each year.
- Work with staff to establish the best strategy to deliver the work goods or services required and assist in the development of procurement plans in accordance with Derby Homes procurement standing orders.
- Provide support and advice in the preparation of pre-tender and tender (public sector procurement) documents.
- Work with teams at Derby Homes to prioritise procurement activities and support, advise and assist teams in the delivery of their procurements.
- Use the Delta E-procurement portal and procurement Access 2010 database to evaluate strategic procurement activity and manage individual procurement activity.
- Actively participate in an organised programme of training leading towards the achievement of a nationally recognised qualification.
- Maintain evidence in a personal portfolio in a format which meets the NVQ awarding Body requirements.
- Take an active part in training opportunities and attendance on training courses.
- Undertake the training required to enable you to carry out the duties contained within this job description.
- Take an active part in meetings with assessors and provide evidence of tasks as requested.
- Comply with the Council's standing orders, financial regulations and departmental instructions.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- Able to work in an Analytical, Precise Systematic and Methodical manner.
- Able to work with people as a team or alone using own initiative
- Good communication skills. Able to communicate both verbally and in writing
- Good IT skills
- Have a conscientious approach to work
- Have a flexible approach to all aspects of work
- Be prepared to learn and take guidance from others
- Ability to prioritise and work to deadlines
- Team player
- Ability to deal with repetitive and routine duties while still ensuring a high standard of accuracy.
- Minimum grade C in Maths and English GCSE (or equivalent)