Graduate Data Analyst
4 days left
The Education and Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), launched on 1 April 2017, brings together the existing responsibilities of the Education Funding Agency (EFA) and Skills Funding Agency (SFA), to create a single funding agency accountable for funding education and training for children, young people and adults.
The ESFA is an Executive Agency of the Department for Education and is organised into seven groups, which are Capital, Academies and Maintained Schools, Intervention and Young People’s Funding, Funding and Programmes (Apprenticeships and Adults), National Apprenticeship Service, Transactions Unit and, Central Services and Transformation (CST). The CST group is responsible for shared business services i.e. data science and, provider risk assurance.
We have a number of Graduate Data Analyst opportunities within Data Science.
These graduate roles are permanent positions with an initial 18 month training scheme period. Graduates will undertake a variety of roles within the Data Science division. These roles include:
- Predictive Analysis and Modelling – building and maintaining analysis tools that predict where fraud might be occurring and where there is a risk of financial failure; building impact assessment and intervention models
- MI & Data Visualisation – Analyse and query data to produce interactive dashboards, reports and charts that provide business intelligence and management information.
- Data Management – Engineer and manipulate data to enable analysis and reporting
- Data Applications – Develop and maintain online data collection applications and systems
Main Activities will include:
- Developing flexible SQL based reporting/analysis products that meet set specifications and requirements
- Providing analysis and interpretation on management information and performance reporting to a range of users. Providing guidance and support to colleagues on these solutions
- Supporting the delivery of data standards and data specifications to meet the policy objectives of FAS2Ts customers
- Analysing and defining data and information requirements and translating these requirements into specifications, definitions, processes and standards. Supporting stakeholders using data management governance processes
- Employing the necessary data warehouse and reporting methodologies, tools and processes to deliver management information and reporting requirements
- Employing a wide variety of technical skills, as well as a broad knowledge of the Data Capture applications, to enable the ongoing support (and future development) of the systems
The successful candidate will
- Have completed a mathematics-based or computer science-based degree, or be in the final year of such a degree
- Have excellent numerical, IT and analytical skills
- Have experience of using analysis / data manipulation software packages such as R, SQL, Python, Power BI and Excel
- Have good programming skills
- Be able to build complex mathematical and analytical models
- Have excellent customer facing and people skills, being able to communicate between the technical and the non-technical
- A good understanding of data architecture, metadata management and ETL processes
- Be innovative
- Be a problem solver