Apprentice Software Support and Database Analyst
A fantastic opportunity for an ambitious individuals to join an exciting and vibrant company, have the opportunity to work with experienced employees and develop your future career. The successful candidates will be involved in software development and technical support to our clients. As an Apprentice you will be expected to work under the supervision of senior developers, the role will initially start with assisting and supporting the developers and existing solutions whilst acquiring skills and understanding of our industry.
As an Apprentice you will be expected to work under the supervision of senior developers, the role will initially start with assisting and supporting the developers and existing solutions whilst acquiring skills and understanding of our industry.
You will be focusing on balanced mixture of software support and database administration (DBA) work, including database design and architecture work, working with experienced DBAs, SQL Developers, Solution Architects to gain a strong understanding of the database ecosystem in terms of designing and deploying databases.
The position will involve development, configuration and support of an established database application.
You will also learn how the delivery teams operate, the importance of data security, documentation management as well as problem-solving.
Once trained, you will be working on delivering database support as defined by current business needs.
- You will pro-actively learn and develop in the database domain, training will be provided, but you must be motivated to self-learn and self-drive.
- Accountable for on-time delivery of database support to new or existing customer projects or systems.
- Work closely with customer projects as well as other internal teams to deliver results.
- To take ownership and have responsibility for the work in projects assigned and at times collaborate across multiple, global teams to ensure effective integration with other data processing systems.
- You will be responsible for the security, integrity and control of customer data, and be accountable for key compliance requirements where necessary.
- Assist other members of the database design team.
- Help drive innovation by generating new ideas for database technology landscape.
- Assist with and deliver small to medium change, ensuring ownership for release and post-implementation activity.
- Produce support/change documentation with a view to knowledge sharing.
- Plan and undertake unit testing to ensure that change is fit for purpose.
- Adhere to development standards, best practices and guidelines.
- Ensure expectations of delivery are managed and escalate any concerns.
- Work with internal communities to ensure understanding and appreciation of solutions delivered.
- Undertake discussions with business users, with business and technical analysts to understand how the business drive change with a view to developing technical solutions to fulfil their requirements.
- Highlight conflicting design, supportability and quality issues, which may cause impact to critical applications or architecture.
You will be able to display the following:
- To have a passion for IT and emerging technologies.
- Have demonstrated technical skills
- The ability to work in a fast paced environment and successfully handle multiple tasks simultaneously Have good written and verbal communication skills in English.
- A positive team attitude, a sense of humour and a willingness to be flexible to accommodate a variety of tasks using a positive initiative.
- An organised work ethic taking ownership of issues to see them through to completion.
- Ability to meet deadlines and cope effectively under pressure Excellent time management and prioritisation skills.
- High level of accuracy and attention to details, and a good listener.
- Creative approach to problem solving
You will possess the following attributes:
- An enthusiastic and professional attitude and commitment to learning new skills.
- To be a team player and strive to help others Positive attitude with initiative and drive.
- Good communication skills both written and oral and the ability to work in a small team.
- General computing skills.
Ideally a minimum 5 GCSEs at grade C and above including Maths, English, and ICT (or equivalent qualifications).Future prospects There is the opportunity for full time employment after the apprenticeship with a potential salary around £20K upon completion. You will become a fully-fledged member of our support team. We'll continue to work with you to develop you into a role you're passionate about for many years to come. Things to consider
- Do you have the skills and experience requested?
- Are you able to travel to the place of employment on a daily basis?