Cyber Security Apprentice - 11471
Currently seeking a motivated and energetic individual for a cyber-security apprentice role. You will work for a leading re-insurance company in the heart of the City of London. Interested candidates should be ready to learn more about cyber security in a business environment.
- Support and maintain existing security defences. Learn on-the-job about these defences.
- Support the Data Security Program Manager in security project work. This will include investigating and providing technical expertise in new security products and implementation.
- Manage our SIEM product, including alarm creation and additional support tasks.
- Support Data Governance initiatives world-wide, including learning about new cyber regulations such as EU GDPR and New York Department of Finance Cyber Regulations.
- The Cyber Security Apprentice will perform penetration tests and vulnerability assessments on internal applications and infrastructure. They will also document and ensure any vulnerabilities are remediated.
- Research the latest Cyber Security advances and present findings to the Security department.
- Assist with building and implementing security awareness programs.
- Keen interest in information security
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ambition, strong work ethic and open to new ideas
- High attention to detail
Someone with an enthusiastic and professional attitude and a commitment to learning new skills.Qualifications required
- A Levels in ICT/Business/Computing
- Or an Apprenticeship in a similar subject (this must be at least the level below the planned programme)
- Or an International Baccalaureate at level 3 in ICT
- Or a BTEC Extended Diploma in IT (180 credits)
- For any City and Guilds programmes the learner must be 18 on the first day of their apprenticeship