Cyber Analyst Apprenticeship - 1342
Responsibilities of the Cyber Analyst Apprenticeship:
- Review systems monitoring and logs, recording such monitoring and any actions
- Write analysis scripts and tools using log analysis or report/MI/analytics toolsets
- Perform systems analysis to confirm application of the spirit of policies along all aspects of digital communications and the varied toolsets
- Optimise the configuration of rules in IT security toolsets to achieve policy outcomes with limited false positives or negatives
- Communicate risks, status and analysis to business management in a non-technical manner
- Support client and Huntswood penetration test preparation and activities as required
- Support IT security compliance by undertaking patching, software upgrades of network or other devices as required and trained
- Document requirements in a clear and unambiguous manner ensuring they are complete, consistent, concise, comprehensible, traceable and feasible.
- To effectively build relationships and communicate with business stakeholders
- Define appropriate training and adoption strategies and associated material supporting policy adoption, deliver training related to cyber / security / data protection
- Support security investigations, DSAR requests and similar
- Support activities to maintain and enhance Huntswood's ISO accreditations
- Maintain relevant knowledge of best practice in cyber / security / technical standards / data protection and associated infrastructure designs & standards
- Run regular scheduled or on-demand penetration style tests/ vulnerability scanning with Huntswood's own basic tooling
- Agree and track corrective actions for security vulnerabilities and help project manage
- Develop monitoring and alert scripts as required with notifications to internal and external service providers
- Support the FCR team as able and as required with their projects & services
- Other appropriate tasks as required enhancing the cyber safety of Huntswood and its Employees & Clients
Requirements of the Cyber Analyst Apprenticeship:
A levels in subjects showing analytical capability
Ability to assimilate, synthesise and present information in a written and oral manner
Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office including Visio, Project and Word
High interest levels in cyber, security and data
Exceptional communication skills: for business and technical audiences.
Self-motivated with the ability to work well in a small team.
Ability to work to deadlines.
Exceptional analytical skills.
Excellent influencing skills.Personal qualities
An enthusiastic and professional attitude and commitment to learning new skills.Qualifications required
Someone with ideally 5 GCSE grades (C and above) or equivalent, including Maths and EnglishFuture prospects 92% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their apprenticeship. Additionally there may be opportunities to undertake further apprenticeship training as many of our programmes offer on-going development tracks.