Digital Applications And Development Degree Apprentice
3 days left
MMU's award-winning Department of Learning and Research Technologies (LRT) provides the University's strategic lead on technology-enhanced learning and operates and integrates the University's core systems to support student administration, business intelligence, technology-enhanced learning and online assessment.
It offers specialist advice to academic staff on the embedding of technology-enhanced learning and online assessment in the curriculum. It partners on projects to enhance student satisfaction, engagement and success and supports classroom innovation, evaluating new technologies for virtual and physical learning spaces and defining threshold standards for classroom technology.
The Learning and Research Technologies department (LRT) is responsible for delivering integrated solutions that make a real difference to the experience of students and staff. We take a joined-up approach to developing, supporting and making the best use of a range of systems.
Our work includes:
- Building, running and supporting the MyMMU student portal and mobile app
- Supporting the Moodle Virtual Learning Environment
- Running and supporting the Student Records System
- Developing, running and supporting state-of-the-art business intelligence analytics applications and operational reporting
- Integrating applications with Web services, APIs and integration packages
- Researching innovative e-learning approaches and providing expert e-learning advice and support.
Key tasks of the role include:
- With support, contribute to the design, development and testing of software applications in line with department standards and practices including adding features to the MyMMU student portal, designing user interfaces, developing multi-layered software applications, adding automated tests and manually testing applications.
- With support, contribute to the design, development and testing of operational and business intelligence reports including writing database queries, designing report layouts and publishing reports.
- Collaborate with the team to support systems and processes and deliver high quality services including using IT helpdesk software to respond to incidents and service requests and working with customers and teams in LRT to diagnose and solve issues.
- With guidence, contribute to documenting the configuration and technical operation of systems and integrations including working with the IT helpdesk to improve early problem resolution.
- With guidence, plan and prioritise own workload.
- As a result of training, deliver high quality work to meet business requirements.
- Meet required deadlines and work with team members to raise any issues or technical difficulties.
- Learn new tools and technologies as they are introduced in the work of the department.
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team
- Good organisational and planning skills
- A methodical approach to research and problem solving.
- A strong interest in software development, systems support or data analytics is desirable.
- Maths and English GCSE grade A-C or equivalent, and a minimum of 104-112 points at A2 (Grades BCC) or a BTEC or an Advanced Apprenticeship in related subject or equivalent experience.