Buying & Merchandising Degree Apprenticeship Programme
Do you have a real passion for retail, product, and have always dreamt of a career in buying or merchandising?
Do you want to join a digital workplace that has state-of-the-art offices with a real buzz? Do you want to continue your studying whilst starting your career? If that sounds like you then this could be the next step for you.
We're really excited to be launching our degree programme across Buying and Merchandising. Our buying teams are leading the way in finding the next great product, whether that be across technology, fashion or homeware. We have some of the best minds in buying who constantly find inspiration everywhere they go, whilst our Merchandising teams are busy doing the smart thinking and making the big decisions on products that drive our business.
Shop Direct is no ordinary place to work - with regular fashion shows at our Liverpool HQ and the odd celebrity dropping by! You'll join us as a Buying or Merchandising Apprentice and embark on a truly exciting and fun journey. As an apprentice, you'll play a vital role in the team you join whilst working at the 2nd largest retailer in the UK - how exciting is that?!
Some of the buying route duties include:
- Working with our design, merchandising and creative teams across the full product lifecycle to give you what you need to be successful within the modules you study
- Managing samples and provide support with administration monitoring to make sure we always deliver our customer promise.
Merchandising route duties include:
- Working across our merchandising teams, with close links to our buying and fashion teams to help you develop within your apprenticeship.
- Building strong relationship with different brands and help make sure everything runs smoothly.
- Getting involved with every aspect of merchandising from managing stock and improving process to maintaining and developing supplier contracts.
You'll be working with friendly, innovative and passionate people. We're very supportive and will enable you to gain a strong internal network with a dedicated mentor who'll help you achieve and succeed throughout your time here. You'll also learn from our colleagues and will be part of our successful internal apprenticeship network. Not only will you have a clear career path - you'll learn from the best, growing your skillset and soaking up knowledge whilst studying at one of the UK's top universities.Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- The pace is fast here, to become a future Merchandiser you'll need to be a superb organiser with good analytical and prioritisation skills. Passionate, commercial brain with a good understanding of excel
- If your path is in Buying you will be innovative and love new ideas, embracing new ways of doing things
- We want you to be a sponge! Absorbing everything around you and learning from your everyday experiences
- High aspirations and want to drive your own career
Can you look to the future, work at pace, learn from mistakes and move on quickly? Then we want to meet you!Personal qualities
- Has a real passion for retail and product and always dreamt of a career in buying or merchandising
- Has a minimum of 104-112 points at A2 (Grades BCC).You will also require Maths and English Language GCSE grade A*-C. We will individually evaluate candidates who do not meet these requirements, but have workplace experience