Data Analyst Apprentice (Level 3) with Financial Conduct Authority
You would be placed within our Strategy & Competition division.
What does this job involve?
The key responsibilities of the Data Analyst in Analysis & Insight will include:
- Using a range of data systems to identify, extract and manage data;
- Collecting and compiling data from different sources and making links between the data;
- Delivering data management, cleansing and analysis of the FCA's regulatory data to support our Data Publications;
- Administering data quality checks and record keeping to ensure our data management and analysis is high quality;
- Clearly communicating, both written and verbal, with team members and stakeholders;
- Applying the tools and techniques for data analysis, data visualisation and presentation to assist production of dashboards and reports.
About the department:
The Analysis and Insight Department sits within the Market Intelligence and Data Analysis (MIDA) division. We aim to: have an end-to-end understanding of how each sector works to easily identify issues; continuously monitor the right data and intelligence to understand what is happening in financial markets and the external environment; and be known for insightful analysis that allows the FCA to make decisions. We have ambitions to grow and develop the analysis that we conduct which informs our Sector Views, Data Publications and insight generation for the organisation, in line with the FCA's Data Strategy.
About the role: This role is for an apprenticeship scheme as a Data Analyst within the Analysis & Insight department. The primary role of a Data Analyst is to collect, organise and study data to provide business insight. Data analysts are typically involved with managing, cleansing and aggregating data, and using a range of analytical techniques to generate insights from that data. In this role, you would work across a variety of projects, providing technical data solutions to a range of stakeholders.
This apprenticeship is in line with the Government's apprenticeship standards for a data analyst and will include training in the data lifecycle and the range of techniques Analysts require: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/apprenticeship-standard-data-analyst
This role is based in Canary Wharf with a planned move to Stratford in 2018.Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- Good numerical skills
- Good IT skills (including Excel)
- High level of curiosity in data and analysis
- Ability to work in a team
- Logical and creative thinking skills
- An analytical mind - enjoys problem solving and understanding new issues
- Ability to work independently and to take responsibility
- A thorough and organised approach - able to manage a variety of tasks and issues, prioritising appropriately
- Committed to learning and sets high standards for self
- Good attention to detail - can demonstrate taking pride in work and ensuring it is of high quality
- An interest in the financial services sectors and regulation.
- An understanding of the financial services industry gained through work experience or studying
- An understanding of economic concepts or modelling data
- An understanding of basic statistical concepts
- Experience of coding or using analytical tools and techniques
Minimum of 2 A Levels at grade C and 5 GCSEs A*-C including English and Maths or equivalent qualifications.Future prospects Apprentices who successfully pass their apprenticeship and any associated professional qualifications may be offered a permanent role to continue their career at the FCA.