Apprentice Project Worker
Creative Optimistic Visions are seeking to recruit an enthusiastic and motivated apprentice to work for them as a Project Worker! Want to help disadvanged people? Passionate about helping young people? Looking for a rewarding career? Then this may be the role for you!
A project worker will:
- Initiate contact with organisations working with young people from local authority, education and voluntary sector, and develop links with those groups
- Effectively engage with young people, encourage them to participate in COV and deliver our projects and or stand alone workshops
- Maintain the COV social media with updates of COV and young people achievements
- Develop ingnew resources with young people to increase and improve our services
- Develop, promote and deliver training on issues relating to young people
- Timely preparation of project reports
- Attendance at COV board of directors meetings, as and when requested. These currently take place by monthly in Coventry.
- Updating and maintaining information using computer systems.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- A relevant youth or community qualification and/or two years' experience
- Experience of working with disadvantaged young people
- Ability to communicate with a wide range of people at a variety of levels.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience of delivering presentations
- Computer literacy, including proficiency in the use of Office software (Excel, Access, Word and Powerpoint)
- Understanding of monitoring and evaluation methods
- Awareness of key policy debates surrounding children and young people
- Awareness of key legislation affecting children and young peoples rights
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative
- Excellent time management skills and ability to manage own workload
- Commitment to equal opportunities
- Empathetic, trustworthy, active listener, approachable, reflective, embraces diversity and equality.
Level 1 Safeguarding training
Youth work Level 2
5 GCSE's A-D or equivalentFuture prospects There may be an opportunity to develop a permanent, full time career within Creative Optimistic Visions,subject to completing the apprenticeship. Things to consider Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage (ANMW): The National Minimum Wage for Apprentices is £3.50 per hour from 1st April 2017. This is the legal minimum pay per hour applying to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their apprenticeship. For apprentices 19 or over who have completed their first year and are continuing their apprenticeship, the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies.