Human Resources Apprentice
4 days left
- 12-18 months
CenturyComm, better known as Racing Post is a media company which focuses on horseracing, greyhounds, football and sports betting. As well as publishing a daily national newspaper, Racing Post is a leading digital publisher with a number of world-class websites and innovative mobile and tablet products. The business employs approximately 300 permanent staff and also hires freelancers and contractors.
Racing Post are currently looking to hire a new apprentice to support the Human Resources and Finance Department in providing an efficient and professional service to the business. The job holder will assist both the Human Resources Department and Finance Department (to a lesser extent) with a range of general administration duties for both disciplines.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for HR, a willing approach to learning and a professional attitude. The successful candidate will also be well organised, accurate and have strong relationship building skills.
The job role is varied and the main duties will include:
- Carry out and support HR team with the administration required for the entire employee life cycle including recruitment, new starter, benefits, job changes and leaver processes.
- Ensure all HR records are kept up to date on any given day and that they are in order and held securely according to Data Protection requirements.
- Coordinate the administration for employee benefits information, ensure accurate information is easily available and that databases are up to date.
- Provide administrative support for probation reviews, performance appraisals, and all training and development activities. Maintain up-to-date training and development records and track the training budget
- Provide support to the wider team in booking interviews and meeting rooms and sending out communication to employees and candidates using Gmail and the Recruitment candidate database.
- Assist with reporting for HR, including using the HR system and Excel to produce data, graphs and charts for the Senior Management team and Human Resources Director.
- Support the HR Director with a variety of projects as required, including carrying out research and compiling reports.
- Assist the Finance Department with various tasks, including production of the monthly Board Report
- Any other duties as required
Don't miss out on this fantastic opportunity to start a career in HR with a well-respected and successful organisation with excellent progression opportunity. Apply now!
About the employer
Racing Post is a media company which focuses on horseracing, greyhounds, football and sports betting. As well as publishing a daily national newspaper, Racing Post is a leading digital publisher with a number of world-class websites and innovative mobile and tablet products.The business employs approximately 300 permanent staff and also hires freelancers and contractors.
- Monday-Friday 9AM-5PM (1 hour lunch)
- Total hours per week: 35.00
- Ability to write to a high standard and ability to use a variety of software, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong relationship-building skills and interest in people.
- Highly organised and accurate in work, paying high attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure and multi-task and be adaptable
- Meet deadlines and prioritise own work tasks.
- A passion for HR/learning and development
- Professional approach, including strict adherence to confidentiality requirements and a high level of discretion.
- Self-starter, displaying initiative.
- Comfortable working in a small team.
- Comfortable dealing with a wide variety of routine administrative tasks to support the operational HR delivery.
- Confident, assertive and enthusiastic
- GCSE or equivalent passes in 5+ subjects, including maths and English language at grade C (equivalent or above).
- There will likely be an opportunity for the apprentice to progress into a full time role within the business, if the apprenticeship period is successful.
Things to consider
- This apprenticeship opportunity is to work for Racing Post - a daily national newspaper and leading digital publisher
- There may be occasional travel to other office locations of the business in the UK and Ireland.
Training to be provided
- Business Administrator Level 3 standard
Expected apprenticeship duration
Apply for Human Resources Apprentice
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly