Apprentice Project Manager
4 days left
The Capital Apprenticeship Academy is a partnership venture between The Education & Skills Funding Agency, and AECOM.
The Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency within the Department for Education, is responsible for £23 billion of capital funding investment over this parliament to provide additional school places, rebuild or refurbish school buildings and address essential maintenance needs.
AECOM designs, builds, finances and operates infrastructure assets for governments, businesses and organisations in more than 150 countries with global revenues exceeding $17 billion. From high-performance buildings and infrastructure, to resilient communities and environments, our work is transformative, differentiated and vital.
The Capital Apprenticeship Academy offers a unique apprenticeship experience - where you will get to work on high-value high-profile projects while working in both the public and private sector through a series of rotations. You will gain unique experience of working for the client, consultant and contractor in construction management and project delivery. You will be a civil servant in the ESFA, with a guaranteed permanent job when you successfully complete your apprenticeship.
The Project Management Apprenticeship will start on 4th September 2017. You will work towards a project management degree over 4-5 years, with an additional period to allow you to complete your studies and successfully apply for membership of a chartered professional institution.
The role will involve working with colleagues across the group and department and will include:
- Rotation between posts and assignments in ESFA Capital, building your operational delivery, project management and commercial experience as you work with different teams.
- Undertaking a 12-month rotation with the ESFA's partner company AECOM and an external company, exposing you to work in the differing roles of client, consultant and contractor in the construction industry.
- Working towards a BSc Construction Management degree over the course of the four-year apprenticeship programme, with dedicated study days provided and access to a range of online and blended learning tools.
- An aptitude towards good logic, problem solving and strong organisational skills
- Practical, adaptable and enthusiastic
- English language proficient, holding excellent communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- An interest in and a desire to pursue a career in project management
- Interest in the construction industry as a whole
- Commitment to continued education and improvement through on-the-job learning and training opportunities
For standard entry applicants, must have obtained 96 UCAS tariff points (2017 Tariff) or 230 UCAS tariff points (2016 Tariff) or have an equivalent level of attainment through recognised qualifications not included in the UCAS Tariff
Have completed an Advanced Apprenticeship in Surveying or an Advanced Apprenticeship in Construction Technical through which a Construction and Built Environment Diploma with a minimum DD profile was obtained or through which a Construction and Built Environment Extended Diploma with a minimum MMM profile was obtained, or an equivalent qualification
Have a current RICS Associate qualification (AssocRICS)
Have GCSE Grade C or above in English and Mathematics (Grade 4 for applicants holding newly reformed GCSEs in England) or an equivalent Level 2 qualification in English and Mathematics as defined by the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF) in England.
*Recognised qualifications having an equivalent level of attainment as those recognised by UCAS include: Higher National Certificate (HNC), Higher National Diploma (HND), professional qualifications from recognised institutions, certain armed forces qualifications and partially completed degrees.Future prospects Upon completion of the BSc (Hons) Construction Management and the structured workplace learning you will undertake the RICS Assessment of Professional Competence leading to registration with the RICS as a Chartered Surveyor (Project Management).